cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can one applied transformation to one or more records?

For example: Create a transformation named ChangedName

where : Field -> Name

Can I execute the Transformation ChangedName in a set of records ?

Thanks

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Yes you have to use transformations for this. Following are the steps which you need to follow for this:

1) After making the transformation as you mentioned in your post go to rules tab and select this transformation for the required field(probably name in your case).

2) Set functions tab as token equals and assign the score for this rule.

3) Set the strategy with this rule.

4) Choose the required number of records on which you need to run strategy and select your strategy.

This would apply your transformation on the records you want to run.

I hope I am able to help you.

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Dilmit

I did steps 1 to 4 as you mentioned in your email.

I select 10 records, right click and choose matching -> selected vs selected -> [name of strategy]

I get a list with Scores, Leve, Count, etc

now, how do I actually applied the transformation such that the word Zan is transformed to San in the record?

(I do not want to merge records, only to change Zan to San in the field name)

thanks

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolos,

Transaformation doesn't actually replace the values of the fields, it just transforms it at the time of matching which will not affect the records present in the repository. When you create a transformation on any field, a new field gets created with the name <fieldname><XFM> which can then be selected at the time of Rules creation.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

The results of the transformations are temporarily and not premeanent data changes.

They are used just to compare the records while finding duplicates during matching and merging.

If you include the transformation in a rule and in the fields select name of the field[XFM], then the transformation applied field will be a part of your rule and hence the records will be compared to the transformed value of the field.

You cannot use transformation to change value from X to Y permeanently.

Tranformation changes are virtual and not permeanent.

For your requirement you can use assignments for comparing the name field and assigning it values.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Minaz your replied answered my question

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add to what Priti n Minaz said,these transformations are virtual they are not permanant.So while syndicating records u cant see the changes,it can be used to identify duplicates then merge them to get unique record.

Nisha

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

You are right. You can apply the transformation to all the records in the Field that you select while creating the Transformation.

You can convert Zan to San in the transformation, in case you think Zan and San are the same. With the strategy defined correctly, Zan and San will be identified as duplicates.

Hope it helps.

Thank you,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Transformations can be executed on a set of reocrds.

We usually do not execute the transofrmations explicitly. The transormations are included in rules and the rules are in turn included in strategies.

While executing a strategy we have different option like Matching > Execute > Selected vs. >

Selected vs. Results ,Selected vs. All ,and Results vs. Results.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes! Since (Transformation<>Rules<>Strategy)

So all the records passed through particular strategy will have the impact on all the transformations defined.

thanks

Alexander