cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC SPM/FireFighter 5.2 Log Report Not Running.

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

Configuring FF 5.2 I have set-up the /virsa/zvfatbak job to run as recommended.

The notification with the reason code and text is emailed to the controller, however the change log is not emailed to the controller when the FF user is checked back in.

I go to look at the log report and it has the FF id that was checked out and by whom but doesn't have any data in the expanded view just this message "BACKGROUND JOB SCHEDULED/LOG & FILE NOT YET GENERATED"

I don't see any notes or anything in the install doc's that elaborate on what should be done?

Can you please help?

Regards,

Curtis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Curtis,

This is very common problem as the log report background job depends on STAD/STAD data. SAP generates STAT/STAD data by running another background job.

Please follow the following notes and see if any of them are relevant:

1143639, 1116229, 1126253.

Regards,

Alpesh

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

I checked all the notes you provided and everything is set-up as specified. Is there something that has to be set-up in SCOT to initiate the email? But that still wouldn't explain the logs being empty and the message that the background job hasn't been set-up.

This client has also chosen to keep all the functionality in the gui, so even though the version is 5.2 they are not using the web based user interface. Would that cause a problem?

Also, the other background programs in the install guide don't need to be set-up from my understanding if we are doing an immediate notification right?

Rgds,

Curtis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Curtis,

If everything is set as per the notes then I don't know what could be the probelm here. You don't need to use web interface for SPM to work. It is an optional component. Other background jobs are also not required for this notification to work. Have you set up change log as 'yes' in the configuration section?

Regards,

Alpesh