cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a webdynpro project to DTR...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi at all,

I've posted this already to WebDynpro but I don't know how to move it because it is maybe better to post it here.

I have created a local webDynpro application and as I got access to my DTR I added it to it. Everything was looking fine until I said that I want to remove the application from my client and created the project again.

On creating the WebDynpro project, the NWDS give me some error messages that some files are readonly!

(Web Dynpro Generation: Existing output file .../roadmap/RoadmapComponent.java is read-only!)

After that I removed the readonly flag in the windows explorer and rebuilded the project. But on the next checkin and sync from the DTR I got the same message.

I deleted the webdynpro project from the DTR and made sure that all files of my local copy were writable.

But still, if I create the project on the DTR, there are some files that are readonly if I sync them from there...

Does anyone know what the DTR is doing there, why it's automatically setting some files to readonly and how to solve that problem???

I read a lot in SDN how to add a project in the DTR, but all that doesn't solve my problem. I have no idea what I can do else.

I'm appreciated for answers.

Regards,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis

You have added more than what is required into the DTR. The .java files are actually generated files and they should not be in the DTR. The only folders that should go into the DTR for a webdynpro project are

cfg

def

src

test

MetaInf

and .dcdef(file)

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran an Pran,

I've already tried to check all files out but the DTR doesn't made any changes on it.

But the hind of Pran showed me the reason for that strange errors.

Thanks, you saved me for getting to much gray hairs

Now everything is fine.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Anyone knows which folders should I choose for the DTR in case of a par project and regular java project?

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

For normal java project only src folder.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

usually you need all your source folders, whatever they are named. For a Par I would assume src.api, src.core and dist. for a regular Java project src (or src/packages).

If you are working with development component you must include the .dcdef file and the def folder. If the cfg contains files you should also add that.

As negative list: you should not include the bin folder (where NWDS/Eclipse puts generated classes), nor any folder starting with gen (e.g. gen_wdp for WebDynpro projects should not be checked in. The gen folder itself should never be checked in either, it contains the build results from a local DC build).

Marc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis,

You shouldn't uncheck the read-only file from windows explorer. You should instead check out that file that you want to edit. You do that in DTR perspective. You can actually do that from various views/perspectives.

Let us know if that worked.

Regards,

Kiran