cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap logon control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have an Excel macro that logs on to SAP via a 'SAP Logon control' component. I found some information that this component is delivered through the SAP GUI. The problem is that with some version of SAPGUI, this Excel macro works fine and for other versions it doesn't. On a test pc, it works fine up to SAPGUI 7.10 patch level 7, but for higher patch levels it doesn't work.

In addition, on some pc's this downgrading of the SAPGUI worked and on others it didn't.

We have been thinking of alternatives like rebuilding this Excel application, but before doing so i would like to ask if there is a way to find this component ( ActiveX ? ) files and install them separately on the user's pc ? Other ideas are welcome..

thanks,

kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

the file responsible for Logon Control in SAP GUI for Windows is: wdtlog.ocx

Please make a test file to check the connectivity:

Create a file called "Test.vbs" with the following content:

set fns = CreateObject("SAP.LogonControl.1")

Set conn = fns.NewConnection

conn.ApplicationServer = "YOUR_APP_SERVER"

conn.systemnumber = XX

conn.User = "YOUR_USER_ID"

conn.System = "YOUR_SID"

conn.CLIENT = "YOUR_CLIENT_NR"

conn.password = "YOUR_PASSWORD"

conn.LANGUAGE = "EN"

conn.tracelevel = 0

If conn.logon(0, False) <> True Then

MsgBox "Cannot logon!."

Else

MsgBox "Logon succeeded!."

End If

Hope that helps you to find out, why on some PCs it doesn't work...

Kind regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Martin for your kind answer. The question is answered and the issue is solved.

I tried first by replacing the ocx file with an older version, but this did not work.

Eventually the macro code responsible for the logon was triggered by clicking a button that was not there anymore after the upgrade to Excel 2007. By assigning the code to another button, it turned out to work fine. Thanks again.