Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procee Control 2.5 - Organizational Structure

yudittzruya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we have just installed the PC 2.5 in QA.

after finishing all post-implementation activities, we saw that the HR structure was created automatically in the PC also.

why is that ? how can we prevent it form happening when we install in PROD ?

what can we do now if we want another structure ?

Thansk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yudit,

We have a standalone GRC system and PC 2.5 is part of that (as recommended). PC 2.5 uses a modified version of OM so that is why running PC 2.5 and HR in the same environment could be problematic. We are not running both in the same environment so I can't comment on that, but I would be prepared for possible "gremlins" in the system if you are.

The tasks I previously listed are not transportable. The only task that might require the system to be opened is #13, and even then, it isn't necessary depending on how you manage these entries (what you transport from Dev and what entries you want in each environment). I believe everything else is made locally since you are mostly scheduling jobs and activating workflow. It has been a long time since I've done them but I think they are all local.

Thanks.

Matt

yudittzruya
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yudit,

Run the HR table cleanup locally in your QA environment and this will fix the problem. There are specific changes you have to make locally when you bring up a new system and the HR data cleanup is one of them. This does not transport.

Most of the following configuration changes are not transportable and must be performed locally when a new system or client is created. After transports are imported, some or all of the following steps need to be performed. Steps will vary depending on whether you are creating a new client in an existing system or creating an entirely new system.

1) GRC Process Control=>Workflow=>Perform Automatic Workflow Customizing

- Make sure everything under "Maintain Runtime Environment" and "Classify Tasks as General"

is activated.

2) GRC Process Control=>Workflow=>Perform Task Specific Customizing

- Including SA38=>RS_APPL_REFRESH (if necessary)

- Make sure everything under this activity is performed including "classifying all tasks as

general" and that event linking" is properly activated.

3) GRC Process Control=>Workflow=>Manage Event Queue

- Maintain Background Job tab "Number of events per read access to 12u201D. Reschedule job if

necessary. Changing this value deletes the bckgrnd job.

4) GRC Process Control=>Workflow=>Transfer Work Items to Replacement

- Schedule job per IMG / Page 17 of Ops guide

- Schedule or transfer job execution to BATCHUSER ID

5) GRC Process Control=>Workflow=>Email Notifications=>Schedule job for sending email

- Schedule job per IMG / Page 17 of Ops guide (every 15 mins)

6) GRC Process Control=>Workflow=>Specify Fallback User for Work Items

- Review for appropriateness

7) GRC Process Control=>Cases=>Copy Cases to New Timeframe After Signoff

- Schedule job per IMG / Page 17 of Ops guide

😎 GRC Process Control=>Cases=>Copy Documents After Carryforward into New Timeframe

- There is an ERROR in the IMG setup for this job. IMG is incorrect.

9) GRC Process Control=>Structure Setup=>Cleanup HR Data=>Delete Table Entries

10) GRC Process Control=>Structure Setup=>Cleanup HR Data=>Rebuild Directory

11) GRC Process Control=>Reporting=>Maintain Reporting Buffer

- Set up Background job according to IMG and NOT Ops Guide

12) GRC Process Control=>Reporting=>Enter Role for Determining Responsible Person for an Object

(Optional)

13) GRC Process Control=>Assessment and Test=>Automated Testing and Monitoring=>Register

Connectors

- Review for appropriateness

If you plan on having more than 1 client in a system, include the client number in the job name. If not, you won't be able to distinguish which job is running in which client (by the job name alone) when viewing jobs in SM37.

I hope this helps.

Matt

yudittzruya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you all for your detailed answers.

The customer has installed PC on his existing SAP ERP (QA and PROD) and not a stand alone system. Should this cause any future problems ?

In addition, you mentioned that all those tasks can't be packed in transports ?

so, we need to open the PROD for customizing in order to do those tasks ?

Thanks

Yudit

former_member192417
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Yudit

PC 2.5 has its own HR ORG structure thats why we recomend not to install PC 2.5 in an ERP system where HR module is already operational.

It is best to install PC 2.5 in a standalone system where there is no operational HR module.And if you wish to use automated control you can install RTA's a seperate ERP system and schedule the rules from the PC 2.5 system to capture the results from the ERP system.

If you want to change the HR structure you go to Tx GRPC_STR_CHANGE to modify the existing structure.

Also from SPRO->GRC Process Control->Structure setup->Clean up HR data you can delete the superfluous entries in table HRP1000 that are not relevant to Process Control.

Thanks

Debraj Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my understanding PC 2.5 is stand alone.It does not sit on any ERP.In fact if you have multiple ERP applications like SAP,oracle etc running in your landscape,PC 2.5 can talk to these ERPs individually.

SAP is connected by means of RFC;others are connected thru "Green light".

Having said,i dont understand how HR set up in SAP - or for that matter in other ERPs- will get interfered,given that PC 2.5 is invariably a stand alone application.

Possibly In IMG you must have defined roles and persons without having regard to your existing HR set up.This i think is the reason for discrepencies.

As Debraj has mentioned you can clean up them..

Regards

Ramesh