cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchies modeling in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I want to model a product hierarchy in DP with 2 different views.

A corporate view for the marketing dept to maintain their forecasts and a sales view for the sales dept.

Demand Planners will use both the views and would like to toggle and see aggregations in both views.

Corp View

All Products

BU

Product Family

Product Line

Item/SKU

Sales View

All Products

BU

Product Family

Product Group

Item/SKU

How can we model this?

Also, how do I associate relationship between the various levels in the hierarchy.

i.e. I would like to make Product Line/Group a parent level to Item and similarly BU will be parent level to Product Family.

Thanks for your time.

Regds

Martian

Edited by: Martian on Mar 24, 2009 5:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In DP we cannot model the hierarchies. It will go by CVCs. You can create the hierarchies in BW/BI, pull the data into APO and in APO you can create these hierarchy levels aa individual characterstics and generate characterstic combinations out of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

Thanks for the answer.

If you can model the hierarchies in BW/BI, wouldn't it then mean, there could be someway in which data could be pulled in to APO in the case let say where client doesn't have BW/BI.

Finally my question is more towards the fact that if Demand Planners/Other users would like to see both the views in APO -> Planning Books, can they see it?

Regards,

Martian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggested BW/BI hierarchiesbecause we get the order demad history for the planning in APO-DP. You can use heirarchies as master data in SNP however for DP you can plan only with CVCs as master data.

Finally my question is more towards the fact that if Demand Planners/Other users would like to see both the views in APO -> Planning Books, can they see it?

The answer is "yes". The planners/users can see both the data views provided they have proper authorizations and also the key figures should be included in both the data views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martian,

DP does not work with hierarchies directly like R/3 but instead it derives them from the sales that it gets through BW.

Here is an example:

You have a product hierarchy like below:

Level1: Finished Product (FM1)

Level2: Assembly (A1 and A2)

Level3: Raw materials (RM1for A1, RM2 for A2)

The sales data that you get in BW should be like this:

Plant________Finished Product_______Assembly_____Raw Material______Qty.

__P1____________FM1_______________A1___________RM1____________10

__P1____________FM1_______________A2___________RM2____________10

The system creates CVCs from the above two records as:

Plant________Finished Product_______Assembly_____Raw Material

__P1____________FM1_______________A1___________RM1_

__P1____________FM1_______________A2___________RM2_

The DP system go ahead with the above two combinations but would never have a hierarchy as such specially.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

is it possible to map the hierarchy in a BW info-objetc as individual characteristics in APO BW.

There is an info-object called Customer in BW. it has a hierarchy attached to it. it displays the customer -code, sold to and ship to as levels in the hierarchy.

is it possible that i map it to 3 separate info-objects (characteristics) namely customer code, sold to and ship to in APO BW?

regards,

kedar