cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message stopped processing and not log data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an instance of a synchronous scenario (HTTP to RFC) that just stopped this morning before the call adapter step. This scenario ran successfully yesterday and this afternoon. No changes have been made for weeks. The last step to execute in SXMB_MONI was technical routing. I've compared this with a working message and the step looks fine. Rather than a chequered flag next to the message it has a grey circle. When I hold the cursor over the circle the test 'LOG MESSAGE' appears.

I've checked the specific communications channel in 'Comms Channel Monitoring' in RTWB and I can't find the message. The message before and after this message are shown. I've checked the Message Monitoring in RTWB and I can see the Outbound message which has a status of to be delivered.

Obviously the Outbound message cam into XI but doesn't appear to make it as far as the RFC adapter. Is there anywhere else I should be looking to find out why this failed or what caused it not to reach the RFC adapter?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

chk note 930181

also chk https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/forums

there are several such threads on sdn...if you can search with the term " log version in moni"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, I actually searched the forums before posting this note. I've searched for log version in SXMB_MONI to no avail. Nothing I can find helps me in any way.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what happens when you restart that message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I'm more interested in what caused it to fail.

If I were to restart it where would I do this? SXMB_MONI or RTWB.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can look into the call adapter node. check if it has an child called error (or check other nodes in SXMB_MONI for the option ERROR). Also look at trace node information.

Restart if failed in SXMB_MONI can be done by selecting the message and the restart (option in the menu)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

Thanks but none of the nodes have an error. That is what I find strange. Usually I'll see some problem with mapping or the R/3 system is down but in this case nothing.

When I attempt to restart it via SXMB_MONI it says I can't restart a message of this type.I'm assuming I can't restart synchronous messages.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah. Its sync. You cant restart. Seems i missed that.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you do a trace of this message via RWB - Message monitoring

a. via Integration engine

and then

b. adapter engine

do you find any information from there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

RWTB MM via Integration Engine - I can see the message, the status is To Be Delivered but it doesn't appear when I look at messages via the 'Adapter Engine'. So I'm assuming it didn't get that far.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anything in SMQ1 and SMQ2?

also do a trace in SM58.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

SMQ1/2 are empty. I should have made that clear earlier on. SM58 doesn't pick up anything for the specified period. It's a complete mystery to me.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmmm... XI does seem to play spoil sport at times eh....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know, it's not playing nicely. I may raise an OSS note with SAP. The message must have stopped for a reason.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

suggest you see if somebody else can help you here in the forum. there are quite a bright lot here

Final is always the OSS note !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a day and then raise a note.