cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clearing control and Automatic clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1.Why Automatic clearing(Business Transactions) is different from Clearing Control?

2.How Automatic clearing is linked to the Contract account?

3.Is it possible to mention both automatic clearing control and clearing control at two different fields so that based on my rquirement it should pick up automatically for to clear the open items through FPY1(payment Run)

4.How to overrule the clearing control settings for the contract account for to auto pick off Automatic clearing?

Regards,

Narn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

1.Why Automatic clearing(Business Transactions) is different from Clearing Control?

Clearing can be done at 3 levels in FICA

During Payments

Manual Clearing -FP06

Automatic Clearing-FPMA

In clearing control, you define Clearing steps on how the system has to clear your Open items.

So automatic clearing is part of your Clearing control <not different from it>

2.How Automatic clearing is linked to the Contract account?

via Clearing category attached in CA

3.Is it possible to mention both automatic clearing control and clearing control at two different fields so that based on my rquirement it should pick up automatically for to clear the open items through FPY1(payment Run)

Do not think so.

4.How to overrule the clearing control settings for the contract account for to auto pick off Automatic clearing?

In Auto clearing you define how Open Items has to be set off against your Open payments where as during clearing steps for Payments you define how the item received by payment should clear Open item.

So you need to balance between these two to configure your Clearing rules. Last thing you can do is to enhance FM 'FKK_SAMPLE_TFK115' & attach in the config.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Auto clearing you define how Open Items has to be set off against your Open payments where as during clearing steps for Payments you define how the item received by payment should clear Open item.

So you need to balance between these two to configure your Clearing rules. Last thing you can do is to enhance FM 'FKK_SAMPLE_TFK115' & attach in the config.

Hi Rajendra,

1.I hve looked into Auto clearing process but Can you give an example for to make me clear..

2.Is that function module need to create user defined characterstic key?

3.Can u explain clearly how the sytem is auto pickick off Automatic clearing over clearing control for certain grouped due items

Regards,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

1.I hve looked into Auto clearing process but Can you give an example for to make me clear..

Best example is that you migrate your open items and open payments separately and you want to Set off open items and Open payments using some rules. This is done via FPMA.

2.Is that function module need to create user defined characterstic key?

You need to copy the standard, modify and attach it in the config in clearing rules

3.Can u explain clearly how the sytem is auto pickick off Automatic clearing over clearing control for certain grouped due items

It all depends on how you configure your clearing rules.

Criteria may/can be any or few of the following:

1. Oldest item first

2. When Invoice and Amount matches

3. When Invoice and Amount matches but with in Tolerance limits

4. When Invoice and Amount matches but outside Tolerance limits

5. Partial payment- to be posted as On Account or Clarification Account

6. Partial Payment to be posted to Division Gas first

7. If Parital Payment, to be divided among Gas, Electricity & Water in 50:40:10 ration <some ratio>

8. Treatment of partial payments different for Group Customers and Individual Customers

9. Treatment of Partial Payments to be linked to your Creditworthiness

10.Clearing Rules based on Collective and Non Collective CAs'

Much more......it all depends on how this is needed in your project & usually differs from Project to Project.

Does this help?

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Rajendra

It is great Help..

I am re framing my question...

If you see the display document (any document) at item level

we have payment data tab,and also we have payment data sub tab, here we mention payment grouping (automatic clearing) but this is document specific...How to give this entry at the time of FPY1 run for a specific period.How it is going to pick automatically for to clear grouped due items.

Regards.

narn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

I'm not too sure about your question as I did not understand it.

However suggest you to look at the event 0600.

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

even though its helpful.

Thank U