cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering an XML file using Inline Transform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I'd like to filter an XML file using GenericSortFilter.xsl. I can get this working fine if I set the parameters for FilterValue, FilterColumn, and FilterType. However, I cannot get it working if I use the FilterExpr parameter instead. I'm not quite sure if I'm trying to use this correct way or not, but I was thinking that if I could form up FilterExpr on the fly, than I could include multiple conditions that will work with the OR condition instead of AND. Is this possible? Thanks.

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric, I'd strongly recommend not using the XSL-based approach. I would use the GenericSortFilter action in MII's business logic services (BLS) instead, as you'll have much greater flexibility.

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate on how the BLS GenericSortFilter action is more flexible? From what I've noticed (maybe I'm overlooking something), you are limited to 4 filters per action block. Also, there is not an easy way to make the filters use the OR condition instead of AND. Thanks.

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Eric.

What I usually do is use a CalculatedColumns action to define the boolean expression(s) that I want to filter on (creating a "pseudo-column") and then use the GenericSortFilter action to filter out the records I don't want. This way, I get the full power of the BLS expression language (in particular, the various functions that the expression language supports).

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured this one out on my own. It turns out for the FilterExpr parameter, it's as simple as putting ColumnName = "FilterValue". You can just separate multiple conditions by using "and" or "or".