cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL viewer - Use Custom SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am trying to use custom sequel and the option is grayed out for our web intelligence. Where do I make this option active so I am able to add my own SQL?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the CMC, in the BusinessObjects Enterprise Applications > Web Intelligence > Advanced Rights section there is a right called: Java Report Panel: Edit SQL.

I think if you grant this right to yourself or your group then you should be able to edit the SQL (providing you're using the Java editing panel).

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you so much Keith - that solved my problem!!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member210032
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I created a Custom SQL,validated it,saved it then refreshed the report saved the report and closed it.

Then when again I opened my report in EDIT mode and i get same report  with contain Custom SQL..

after you created a Custom SQL and then you add,delete objects or any change in query filter,then Custom SQL  convert to Script..

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terri,

I had one question on using custom SQL in webi 4.0.I created a Custom SQL,validated it,saved it then refreshed the report saved the report and closed it.

Then when again I opened my report in EDIT mode and through Data Access when I tried to see the SQL generated by my Custom SQL ,I saw that the query no longer remains a Custom SQL but it has the query generated by my script.How is it possible?.Or when you are in the EDIT mode of the report you won't able to see the script which contains Custom SQL.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rddhi,

have you got ant solution for your query, i am facing same problem. Kindly let me know if you have any solution.

(

I had one question on using custom SQL in webi 4.0.I created a Custom SQL,validated it,saved it then refreshed the report saved the report and closed it.

Then when again I opened my report in EDIT mode and through Data Access when I tried to see the SQL generated by my Custom SQL ,I saw that the query no longer remains a Custom SQL but it has the query generated by my script.How is it possible?.Or when you are in the EDIT mode of the report you won't able to see the script which contains Custom SQL.)

Thanks

Praveen

pnamani1985@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly is greyed out in Webi? Can you view the SQL generated by the query but not type over it?

If you can view the SQL you have to select the radio button marked 'use custom SQL' before you can type into the SQL window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that seems to be the issue - I can see the sql but I am unable to select the radio button to be able to change the SQL? I can do it in my test environment but I cannot do it in the production environment.

Do you know where this setting may be?

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll need to have administrator access to the CMC to make this change though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the CMC you can set the option to allow viewing of the SQL generated by the query at either the folder level or across the whole of Web Intelligence. It's down the bottom of the 'rights' tab for the folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it tells me it is already GRANTED the right to View - is the another option I could set

Thanks for your help