Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store DUNS # at Sales Org level or Company code level

maruthi_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

My Client wants to print its DUNS number while sending the invoices to its customers.

So, how can my Client store its own DUNS number in SAP R/3 at a Sales Organisation level or Company code level.

Thanks

Maruthi Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no specific field provided by SAP to maintain the DUNS number at Sales org level.

In our business we store the DUNS number in transaction SO10 (text), which is being pulled and printed in billing documents.

Check with your ABAP'er to pull the text from SO10 and print on documents.

Regards,

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case I would store it in Customer Master -Sales Area Data - Texts

There you can pick and choose for which documents the data should be used.

Furthermore you can mark this text as compulsory.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

maruthi_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

After much search, i came to know that there is no field to maintain DUNS NUMBER at Sales Organization level or company code level.

Thanks,

Maruthi.

Edited by: MARUTHI RAM on Mar 31, 2009 3:33 AM

herbert_stckl
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is always a possibility to maintain append fields for tables.

But there is an other place to ponder about where to maintain a DUNS number and that is the shipping point (TVST).

At least we came to the conclusion that the shipping point is the most appropriate unit to maintain a DUNS number for sales processes.

Best regards

Herbert Stöckl

maruthi_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys

Thanks for the information.

However, My client has been storing this in comments field in address screen of the respective Sales org.

But now, i have another doubt that how this duns number should be stored in terms of format.

Should it be 00-147-2222 or 001472222

Please advice.

Thanks

Maruthi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This depends on how your clients wants.

We follow the first one 00-147-2222.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

DUNS Number can be maintained either in Sales Organsiation and Plant level by using a field which is not being used at present.So entar the data there and ask your consultant to fetch that data in the output forms from there.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check whether the DUNS number is at Sales Org level or at Plant level.

If I am correct, it should have been at plant level in which case, you can maintain the DUNS number in OX10 If it is in sales organisation level, maintain in OVX5

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi