cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating attribute value set dynamically not just once but multiple times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Value set of an attribute in the ALV table can be filled dynamically in any method , even in WDDOMODIFYVIEW (which is called everytime when the view is loaded) without problem. But then, the corresponding Filter dropdown of this attribute, which appears while clicking on the 'Filter' link in the ALV, is populated with the same dynamic value set ONLY when the value set of the attribute is filled in the WDDOINIT of the view or the component controller !

Now my problem is that this attribute value set has to be updated everytime both for the attribute and its corresponding filter dropdown when I go out of the view and come back in. But at this point, the WDDOINIT of the view or the component controller is not called anymore !! So my purpose is not served. What to do in that case ?

Best regards

Sukanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member402443
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukanya,

I have seen your problem that you want updated value in the dropdonbykey attribute everytime when you go out of the view and com back in.

I am also not sure, but you can try with calling your method CREATE_COLUMNS_FOR_CATEGORIES for populating the valueset values in the WDDOBEFORENAVIGATION method of the component controller.

Hopes this will helps you in solving ur problem.

Regards

Manoj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I had already tried that out but it didnot work . Please let me know if you find a way out.

Thanks.

Regards

Sukanya

former_member402443
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukanya,

Can you elaborate about your problem regarding Updating attribute value set dynamically not just once but multiple times.

So that I can say smthng abt it.

Regard

Manoj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

This cannot be achieved in Webdynpro, i.e., controller the filter dropdown dynamically everytime when the value set of its corresponding attribute changes at runtime. You can refer to this ticket I had raised in the ALV component - Message Number 0120031469 0000504053 2009.

Thanks anyways.

Best regards

Sukanya