Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM_Sampling procedure with auto valuation for qualitative MIC

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear QM Experts,

The scenario is,

1. Created qualitative MIC with tick to sampling procedure and summarized recording.

2. The MIC also has characteristic attribute tick to it.

3. Selected set with catalogue 1 has been assigned to this MIC.

4. The defect recording tick has not activated.

5. I am using sampling procedure with free inspection points.

6. Sampling procedure is of Fixed type.

Requirement is,

As soon as the user enters the reading while doing RR, the MIC should be valuated automatically. That is to say I donu2019t want to valuate and click on lock symbol.

I tried the same in n number of ways. Can anybody suggest me what valuation mode do I need to use. Whether anything needs to be done in customization for valuation rule?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

These are the settings i have ,(ECC 6)

Sampling Procedure

1) Sampling Type Fixed

2) Valuation Mode 100 - Attributive inspection nonconf. Unit

3) Free inspection point selected

4) Sample Size 5

5) inspection frequency 1

MIC

1) Qualitative

2) Contol indicators : Characteristic attribute , Sampling procedure, Single recording, Required, Fixed Scope

Inspection Plan

1) Free inspection point 100 in the header

2) MIC attached with the inspection plan

Inspection lot created for 5 samples

1) Recording configuration Automatic close

2) When you do result recording for each single record the status of the mic changes to 2. But when the last result is entered and press enter the entire MIC is valuated and status changes to 5

Also for automatic valuation these given below has to be satisfied

The inspection scope indicator fixed scope or smaller scope is set in the inspection characteristic.

The target sample size has been reached.

You have the authorization to valuate and close the characteristic or partial sample.

You chose Continue after confirming the results for the characteristic or sample

Try creating with exact 5 samples for a new lot

Hope this helps

Regards

gajesh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are 100% correct Gajesh,

MIC with fixed scope worked out for me. I did it for summarized qualitative MIC. Earlier I was trying for MIC with scope not fixed and got stuck. Not only that, it worked out for sampling procedure with 400 valuation mode.Thanks very much for so valuable inputs!

1. Another point which I would like to know about is Proposal for inspection point valuation.

2. The path is SPRO>QM> Basic Setting >setting at Plant Level > Plant> Result Recording > Proposal for inspection point valuation.

3. As I could understand, this code is proposed automatically for valuating the inspection point, if no codes for the acceptance or rejection have been given in the inspection point definition.

4. After maintaining appropriate selected sets here, system throws a small window every time while saving RR (of course here parameters are valuated and closed automatically.) One has to press enter every time for proceeding further.

5. The question is can we avoid this window after automatic closure of MIC while saving the results?

6. What must be the logic behind this to ask for confirmation proposal again even after we have defined auto valuation as per characteristic attributes in sampling procedure?

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

There is a solution for that

1) Go to QP02

2) Go to Operation

3) Double click on the QM control key ( eg QM01)

4) Scroll Down to get Quality Management : General

5) Maintain in Inspection Point Completion : Automatic Valuation Based on Inspection Point Definition

Earlier it might be VALUATION maintained there.

By selecting the above thing the valuation screen for the inspection point is not called up after the inspection characteristics have been closed.The inspection point is valuated automatically using the inspection point definition.

If all the inspection characteristics are accepted, the acceptance valuation code is used.

If one or more inspection characteristics have been rejected, the rejection valuation code is used.

Hope this solves the issue

Regards

Gajesh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect Gajesh!!

I am closing the thread awarding full points.This helped me a lot.Keep it up.

Anand

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand Rao

This is possible. Please let me know what is the Recording Configuration you have maintained

Please maintain Automatic Close.

please goto SPRO>QM> Basic Settting >setting at Plant Level > Plant> Result Recording > Recording Configuration > Automatic Close.

What happens with this setting is that , After confirming the results for a characteristic, you choose enter. The characteristic is automatically closed.The system automatically calls up the next characteristic.After confirming the last characteristic, the system automatically navigates to the next operation .

Please let me know your feedback

Regards

Gajesh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gajesh,

I changed the setting to 1. Automatic Close in SPRO as narrated by you. Earlier it was set to No Background Functions.

Sadly still this is not working. In RR I select one of the options assigned in selected set as I am using qualitative MIC. When I press enter thereafter the Results Record Status is changing to 2 i.e processed only. Still I have to valuate and close it manually. I used 400 valuation mode and valuation rule assigned to it 40 with function module QEBR_CODE_VALUATION.There are no changes done in customization of 400 and 40 valuation rule. I mean these are taken as standard one.

This is something strange situation I feel!

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand Rao

please check with valuation type 400 Valuation according to character Attrib Code.Just check in config SPRO>QM>Quality planning > Basic Setting> Sample> define valuation mode>Define valuation mode> 400> maintain valuation by code and valutation rule to be 40.

this is a standard setting .

In this once you do result record and enter it gets valuated automaticaly.

Regards

gajesh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Keerthi and Gajesh for so prompt replies,

Keethi, well there is no requirement to use DMR. I did not understand Sampling procedure other than sampling procedure.

Gajesh, I already checked these settings. These are exactly in line as described by you.

1. When I use MIC with single results then it is getting valuated but no self locking.

2. The requirement is meant for qualitative and summarized recording MIC.

3. I tried with 400, 100 and 110 valuation modes.

4. Unfortunately in QA32 RR screen the MIC is not getting valuated automatically.

I wonder whether theses settings are applicable for sampling procedure with free inspection points and for summarized qualitative characteristics.

Is there any alternate way to valuate and lock the MIC as soon as the user completes RR?

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as per my knowledge Valuation auto is possible,But for a Char Auto Completion ( Lock) is not a standard setting.

The setting of valuation is not depend on Summerize or Sampling points...

I think better to look at SAP Note if any.

Regards

Sujit S gujar

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Select the valuation mode in the Sampling procedure other than Manual Valuation and maintain the required details or you can use sampling scheme with DMR.

With this the valuation can be done automatically, but there is no way to lock the characteristic automatically. You need to do this manually.

Regards,

Keerthi.

Edited by: Keerthi on Mar 25, 2009 6:58 AM