cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Mobile Sales solution for ERP 6.0 ?

jordan_benev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

I have serious difficulty to understand what is the SAP offering for Mobile Sales solutions for SPA ERP 6.0. SAP is vague and just say there IS solution for R/3 (?).

My questions are in two directions:

1. About the "preconfigured" Mobile Sales offerings or xApps or whatever it is:

- can we use SAP MSR 2.0 with ERP 6? If yes- are still the limitations described in Note OSS 735727 valid (use only with Microsoft PocketPC2003, PocketPC2003 SE and Win32 )

- can we use xMSA HH with ERP? If not - what this document refers for? : ( https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f635d890-0201-0010-d8b2-8380c234... )

2. About the "Online" solutions

- Could the ERP Internet Sales be used with Handheld?

- and if yes what are the pros and cons against using custom WebDynpro or ITS?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Jordan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jordan_benev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Veera,

but probably you misunderstand me- I have a good idea what SAP Business Suite is but there is nothing to do with what I asked (I mentoned "ERP Internet sales"- this is really an actual part of the ERP functionality and I know that, the question was different).

I had four precise questions which answers are not clear for me and still not answered.

I would be happy someone to answer at least some of them.

I can try to semplify the questions:

What (if exist) are the xApp or other preconfigured solution that allows Mobile Sales (to semplify further- a sales order entry) using Mobile devices and SAP ERP 6 as backend?

- in offline mode

- in online mode

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

if you say you did not get any answer, lets try again

- can we use SAP MSR 2.0 with ERP 6?

Yes, you can!

- If yes- are still the limitations described in Note OSS 735727 valid (use only with Microsoft PocketPC2003, PocketPC2003 SE and Win32 )

yes, cause these limitations are based on MI, so it will only run on Laptop or PDA devices running Micriosoft operating systems

- can we use xMSA HH with ERP?

Yes, you can do that.

I think question 2 is already answered, cause this relies on what you prefer - see last port.

Hope this gives some answers.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

jordan_benev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks to both Veera and Oliver for your support. I'll for sure update the thread if I get a valuable info from SAP.

Jordan

jordan_benev
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried to prove the answer using SAP official sites but the answer seems not right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, a sorry to the SDN Community Moderators. An error, of giving an email id in my previous post, out of sheer thought of helping Jordan, is regretted.

Dear Jordan,

I hope you get it clarified from the SAP Mobile Team. I also request you to update this thread with the reply from SAP for the community's benefit.

Regards,

Veera

Edit: The quote from the non-offensive part of my deleted post for clarity to the people reading this thread:

Dear Jordan,

I think my last post answers all your queries. About MSAHH in ERP, I couldnt find any place where it is mentioned officially. I said in my last post that it (MSAHH) will work based on my general trust on Oliver's research. That's why my initial post linked you to all possible guides. About MSR 2.0. I am 100% sure that SAP is not selling it as is evident from my previous post.

The best way out, instead of spending a lot of your research time, would be to contact the product manager for MSAHH. I would like you to get in touch with an SAP contact in Mobile for a better understanding of actual possibility......

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Mar 25, 2009 3:07 PM

jordan_benev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

sorry to insist, but could you just provide me some more evidence of what you're saying (MSR 2 could be used with ERP6, MSA HH - either).

I gone to all sdn, sap.com and service marketplace resources (including the instguides you've suggested) and there is no single place to find something that support your thesis. MSR 2.0 is not mentioned here any more in any place (I suppose it is also not downloadable any more..). MSA HH says CLEARLY in the instguides that we should use CRM.

Now- if you tried it and it works- ok, means SAP just don't want to say it works with ERP also.

Otherwise - please give me an idea how to find the answer.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

jordan_benev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver,

Sorry, I've just reply to Veera before seeing your answer.

Thanks for your double answer it actually helps

Hope you will replay to eventual next questions as well.

Best,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jordan,

Sorry for the confusing reply. I will clear as much as possible. Read On.

1. SAP has stopped selling Mobile Sales for R/3 if I am not wrong ( One of our team members had raised an OSS/Cutomer message regarding this, and had got that reply from SAP).

2. MSR 2.0 with ERP 6.0 ? Yes - but since it is not being sold as a solution now, there was no point. MSA HH with ERP? Yes, you can.

3. If yes- are still the limitations described in Note OSS 735727 valid ?

This I had answered with the current product SAP sells (this limitation applies to all mobile xApps for MI 2.5/7.0)

About MSA HH 5.0 Device requirement- Yes you need to use Windows Mobile PDAs with Pocket PC 2003/ Windows Mobile5.0, Windows Mobile 6.0 OS

4. I did not have much idea about ERP Internet Sales as is evident from my previous post, thats why I linked you to the current online solution available.

Last but not least, I try to not only answer but to link the person to the various resources available so that I do not abstract the problems/solutions. In this case I agree that my previous reply was vague and once again regret the inconvenience caused.

Hope that clears your doubts.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jordan,

siomply we can answer all 3 questions with a Yes.

Mobile sales is an application based in SAP MI, so all requirements and restrictions of MI apply for Mobile Sales as well. So it will only run on Laptops or PDAs with Microsoft operating system.

It will run with R/3 as long as the relevant enhancements got installed. Check the installation guide of Mobile Sales available at Service.sap.com/instguides. There it tells you everything about the necessary components.

Well, ERP Internet Sales - that question is a little tricky. There is a Online Solution that supports HH devices available as per my knowledge, even I have never used it. At the end I am not a real fan of 100% online solutions if it comes to HH devices. They work in Warehouses or dedicated and clear defined landscapesm, but out in the field you have delays when opening screens and missing connection as well. But if you want to go with it instead of a custom WD app, you will be able to run almost emmediately out of the box. It is tested, it is supported and you save a lot of hassle.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jordan,

If I am not wrong you are talking about internet sales for R/3 when you say ERP internet sales, which is probably outdated by now. Nowadays SAP distributes something called as mySAP Business Suite which in brief is as follows:

mySAP Business Suite :

CRM - Customer Relationship Management

ERP - Enterprise Resource Planning

SCM - Supply Chain Management

SRM - Supplier Relationship Management

PLM - Product Lifecycle Management

SAP Netweaver

Solution Manager

The current Mobile Sales solutions need mySAP CRM. Some of your questions about the xApp Mobile Sales for Hand Held are already answered in this wiki:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/xmsaHandheldClient

Also you can get the installation guide, release notes from here in SMP:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000668453&;

About MSA HH 5.0 Device requirement- Yes you need to use Windows Mobile PDAs with Pocket PC 2003/ Windows Mobile5.0, Windows Mobile 6.0 OS.

There is another application, Mobile Sales Online, which can work with Blackberry Devices, technical information regarding which can be got from SMP here:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000614083&;

The info is a bit vague but once you are through with them, you will have the clarity you need. Please mark this thread as answered and my post as solved if my post answers your queries.

Regards,

Veera

Edit: You may also get in touch with your local SAP contact to get the contact info of the product team/manager of both the products above for the best clarity possible.

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Mar 24, 2009 5:58 PM