Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Parameters between iViews in a paortal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on webdynpro java.

I want to pass more than 1 parameter between iViews in a portal. As of now I am able to pass 1 parameter using portal eventing.

Can I use the same concept for passing more than two parameters.

If yes, kindly explain. Any tutorial would be of great help.

Also wanted to know if there is any other method to achieve the same directly in portal without coding in

WebDynpro java. I am using NWDS 7.1

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make use of portal navigation

Following is the Api http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04s/current/wd/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/clientserver/navigation/api/WDPor...

Regards

Ayyapparaj

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I amnot sure whether we can pass multiple parameters using the Prtal parameter passing, However I my case I have passed multiple parameters sepearted by a delimiter. Let say you want to pass 2 parameters:

param1 amd param2

You can pass a single value like:

param1_param2

and later in the code you can write a java code to seperate the string value from this delimiter.

I hope this would be of some help to you!!

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

What if your string already contains that delimiter?

Regards,

Anagha

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anagha,

Yes there is the possiblity of already having a delimiter however we need to put that delimiter which we are sure will not come as the part of the parameter.

For example if we already have "_" then we can either use "$" or "#" or somethign else.

Well this is just a workaround and it has worked for me perfectly. I am willing to know if there is really some way of passing 2 parameters using the parameter passing from portal.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh