cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project time and fixed price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This might sound simple or easy to experts. Iu2019m left with no choice to post this in this forum as I have very less knowledge on PS billing.

Please assist me in below scenario on how it can be done in SAP PS.

Scenario.

Its project based billing.

The monthly billing is done based on plan dates of completion of an activity/WBS. The plan dates might change.

The rates are fixed per consultant per phase.

For eg :

In SAP implementation for Blue print the plan dates are,

From date To

Consultant 15.2.2009 30.4.2009

So the Monthly Billing from 2nd month to 4th month. That is

No of days billed Rate day Amount

February 13 days $120 $1560

March 31 days $120 $3720

April 30 days $120 $3600

Is this possible ?

There is also a requirement on actual time spent and plan time comparison on each activity and I know that this can be done through CATs

I refereed Building block J46 which talks about Project with Fixed Price and time and material billing and also tried, but did not work out.

The expenses will not be flowing into PS and only the revenue will be generated.

Appreciate, if some one can tell me whether if this is possible.

Thanks,

Chandru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is standard procedure in sap using resource related billing

configuration required is for DIP profile

see SAP help for details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got some hopes that this can be done.

Can explain in detail on how this can done.

Its not that i am lazy, I have gone through few documents and was not able to figure it out on how it can be done

Thanks in advance

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

have you gone through the BPP of J46. after doing all the necessary customization settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have gone through and checked the settings.

My question is, what should be done for the system to calculate the number of days from plan dates for billing and then calculate the amount for billing in SD.

I am confused with PS & SD integration. please explain how SD & PS is integrated for billing.

How does DIP profile work ?

Thanks,

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandru,

You could use milestone billing in this case. Create a WBS with Activities for different phase and mainati the duration on activities accordingly. Assign milestone to activities and configure the system for milestone billing. Whenever you confirm the activity the dates will get copied to milestone. Create billingpaln accordingly, whch copies date from milestone.

Let us see what other experts have to say.

Thanks

Sarang