cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver level 2 not receiving Workitem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum contributors,

May I kindly ask you advice about the next situation?

 We have set up a WF process with 3 levels based on the SC amount.

 Requesters are able to change approvers determined by the system according to a custom criteria.

 The conflictive case goes as it follows:

o Requester creates a SC. Three levels of approval are determined.

o Requester changes approver level 1determined for another approver of the same level.

o Requester changes approver level 2 determined for another approver of the same level.

o SC is ordered.

o Workitem goes into the approver level 1 inbox. Approver level 1 completes workitem.

o Workitem goes into the approver level 2 inbox.

o Approver level 2 is out of office for a long period, therefore requester enters into the SC and changes the approver level 2 for another one with the same level.

o Work item is not going into the new approver level 2 inbox. Woritem only goes into the new approver inbox once the original one has completed the workitem.

Is this standard behavior?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Abraham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the behavior is standard

1) when the requestor makes changes in the approval chain , it will go to the first level --> and then the second level.

so if the requestor changes the second approver after the first approver has approved the shopping cart , it will go the first approver and then only to the second approver.

2) when the second approver is not available for long time , then he has to maintain a active substitute and the workitem will go to both second approver and his active substitute.

the substitute has the capability to approve the shopping cart --> and then the requestor here will not be required to change the second approver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a slight difference here.

WF is not being restarted. As I mentioned in the initial exposure, work item is not moving to the approver level 2 changed until the original approver level 2 has approved the work item( not the approver level 1).

u201CThe conflictive case goes as it follows:

o Requester creates a SC. Three levels of approval are determined.

o Requester changes approver level 1determined for another approver of the same level.

o Requester changes approver level 2 determined for another approver of the same level.

o SC is ordered.

o Workitem goes into the approver level 1 inbox. Approver level 1 completes workitem.

o Workitem goes into the approver level 2 inbox.

o Approver level 2 is out of office for a long period, therefore requester enters into the SC and changes the approver level 2 for another one with the same level.

o Work item is not going into the new approver level 2 inbox. Woritem only goes into the new approver inbox once the original one has completed the workitem.

Thanks for your feedback,

Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue solved.

Fully standard behaviour according to SAP message opened to SAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Abraham

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To achieve three levels is required some custom.

The WS14000133 u2013 Approval Shopping Cart n-Level (BADI) is used because the standard system provides up to two levels of approval whereas by implementing the BAdi BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI we can fulfil provide up to three approval level.

The method GET_REMAING_APPROVERS of BAdI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI has to be implemented to perform the initial approver determination.

For more details, see the IMG:

Supplier Relationship Management ® SRM Server ® Business Add-Ins for Enterprise Buyer (BAdIs) ® SAP Business Workflow ® Determination of Approvers for n-Step Dynamic Approval Workflow

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

Can I just ask, if you implement the BADI for this do you need to do anything with the Workflow Template? Do you need to change anything or we just simply activate it?

Regards,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I ask how you managed to set up 3 levels of approval for Shopping Cart? I think it is only upto 2 levels in the standard. Is there a BADI for this?

Regards,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way:

SRM 4.0.

Extended Classic Scenario.