Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection date in VL01N

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

If selection date is before "first date" (in sales orders), an warning message (VL248) "No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date" pops up.

Why the system pops up the warning message? Why selection date must be on or afer fist date? If deleting this message or changing it to info only, what impact will be?

Pls advise. Thx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cathy,

Selection date allows ability to control creating deliveries based on that info -- i.e. doing it when an order is actually due for delivery. The standard is it defaults to "today's date," but it can be overriden if for example you want to do delivery for something due in the future. The message you mention only appears if there's no items due for a given selection date - do not recommend trying to modify or eliminate that.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

Firstly, many thx for your valuable advice. But I still got some questions. Pls advise further.

1. Route is NOT customized, so MAD always defaults as current date. Practically, the customer required delviery date may be ahead of "first date" / MAD.

Is it reasonable to keep selection date on or after MAD? In that case, in VL01N, need to check MAD first & enter selection date as to pass this check, then change "planned GI" to the "past" date.

2. Currently, MTO & non-MTO (i.e. selling the purchased goods) are configured. For the non-MTO scenario, it seems reasonable to keep selection date on or after MAD, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cathy,

The MAD can not technically be ahead of the first date - doesn't matter whether you're using routes or not, or if MTO or not. If you're thinking of one-off delivery creation, then the selection date must either be equal to or greater than the MAD. For general purposes (i.e delivery creation on daily basis) why not just leave the std selection (today's date) in place so that whatever is due for delivery is processed?

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, thx for all your valuable advice.

But I still have concern about it.

When creating MTO, MAD does not make sense due to no stock. It seems unreasonable to keep selection date on or after MAD.

If customer request to advance delivery date, I have to check MAD first as to enter a "proper" date as selection date. Otherwise, the system disallow me to create delivery. It seems that causes extra work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keep in mind there can be schedule line with MAD where there's no confirmed delivery date, in which case there will be add'l sched line(s) with MAD with confirmed delivery date -- same concept. VL01N works w/MAD where there is confirmed delivery date.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please allays use the selection date is Material Availability date,so that it will allow u raise the delivery.

Thanks,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the requested delivery date in the order or confirmed delivery date (schedule line ) is beyond Current date then only system give said message.

In otherwords, if material is to be delivered on any other date (say material availablity date or customer requested date, which ever is later) then how can you system allow you to deliver before that.

Regards

Tejpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when the confirmed schedule line quantities are not confirmed i mean on that day if material is not available then how u will do the delivery

it should be the confirmed delivery date or future date when the material is available u can do the delivery

regards