cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Data Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing the archive the sap data for particular periord.In this I try to write the data it asking the varient.here what is the purpose of varient?I need to archive the idoc.How to find out the archive object for idoc.I am really confusing.Already i seen before thread.But i can't understand.Please help me.

Regards,

Raman.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The archiving object for Idocs is "IDOCS"... very easy huh... just create a new variant to specify the details of the archive run.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • No multiple ID's.

• No interview questions

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Variant creation will help in restrict archiving of data for the period you are looking for.

Write variant if you mention From and to last change dates and execute it, Write program will check & archive the data mentioned in this variant.

To test:

Check EDIDC table entries for a particular from and to last change date

Create Write variant for same date you have checked in the table and execute it in test mode

Check the spool list to know no of entries from EDIDC that is archived.

Note: If you run in production mode then there is chances of deletion of these idocs from the database based on your customizing. So initial testing purpose you should go with test mode.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please follow the [link|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/b4/fb3340284e7a56e10000000a1550b0/content.htm] to archive idocs.

Regards,

Gowrinadh