Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Source Directory doesn't exist' error in sender file adapter

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I m getting the error 'Source Directory doesn't exist' in sender file adapter.

The source file directory doesn't exist in XI Server. Its in a different system.

gone through other sdn t hreads.

the options seems to be

1. either to mount the Source Directory on the XI Server.

2. Install a FTP server and use FTP protocol.

My doubt is that, could nt we give necessary access rights to the XIAFUSER whihc will access the Source Directory?

Wont it be sufficient?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My doubt is that, could nt we give necessary access rights to the XIAFUSER whihc will access the Source Directory? Wont it be sufficient? - When your source directory is not on XI server but on a different machine, then how are you going to access that directory without FTP...........means how you will connect XI to that different machine - you will need FTP for it..........

So install FTP server on the other machine and via FTP transport protocol in sender file comm channel, pick your file.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aarthi,

If you are using system other than XI, then you have to use FTP server

else check you have proper authorization of read/write to the source directory...

and check the name of it as well, as it is case sensetive and you have provided the proper details of server.

check these blog as well...

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Dhingra on Mar 24, 2009 12:16 PM