Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE to SOAP Scenario

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I want to develop File to Soap Scenario.

Problem is if i will develop this then how i will test it?

From where i will get target web service?

How i ll do mapping part?

Please explain me the basic steps to do this scenario.

Warm Regards

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

For File to SOAP scenario:

First you require source structure which will map to SOAP request message, which will hit the web service application. Same way you require target structure which will map to SOAP request message.

For test purpose you can use many free webservices like:

http://www.nanonull.com/TimeService/TimeService.asmx?wsdl

This is a free Time webservice. From this URL you will get WSDL file, you need to import this file under External definitions in IR for creating target structure. This WSDL file describes structure of the SOAP request with which you will map to File data.Use WSDL file in Message mapping for target structure directly.

If you are still confused about structure of the message, you can import WSDL field in Tool called "ALTOVA XML SPY", then after that under SOAP menu click on "Create SOAP request".

Give value like "BOSTON" and it will return Time value.

This way you can test webservice.

Your SOAP request message will be target structue.

I hope this will be helpful.

Best Regards,

Divyesh

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Just check these blogs, this is having a sample free web service available on net.. You can use it for your purpose...

RFC -> XI -> Web Service - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 1)

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

RFC -> XI -> Web Service - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 2)

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is if i will develop this then how i will test it? From where i will get target web service? How i ll do mapping part? - you want XI to send a File data to a target applicaiton as a SOAP msg.......so you should have a target application which can recive your SOAP req........moreover your target SOAP application will give you a WSDL for the msg structure in which you will post data to your target application..........so you will create a external definition based on this WSDL for the target msg interface........

So without a target SOAP application, i think it is not feasible to run such a scenario.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta