Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARCODE Printing in smartforms

rajesh_chaskar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our client having a requirement of printing a barcode of type PDF 417 (2D).

I have created barcode format using SE73.

Now as i one dimentional barcode we used to concatenate the details then print barcode by assaigning that type to character format.

But as it is two dimentional ,what will be the procedure in order to print the same.

And how it is deifferent from other formats? and also it will be helpful if somebody give me the actual syntax for the same.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Rajesh C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While creating new system barcode form existing barcode say BC_039, system will ask for crete with new technology or create with old technology, in that case you have to select new technology and specify barcode terminology as EAN128, C39, EAN13, C39X, C128 etc. then specify other parameters like modular height and width as per your requirement.

first define style for smartform and then use this system barcode in character format. Again by using this character format, you can able to print element whatever you want in smartform.

Also before printing this newly developed barcode,please confirm with basis that you use correct printer which is already barcode configured.

Hope this works for you.........

Thanks..........

rajesh_chaskar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have already created barcode types .

Bou my problem is regarding printing of barcode .

For e.g . Using one dimentional i need to concatenate data in one variable and print that using character format.

But in PDF 417 ,we are having rows and column ,so what will be the procedure?

Kindly guide me in PDF 417 printing , as client told me the format PDF 417 .What else i whould ask the client in order to develope this successfully.

With Regards,

Rajesh C

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto se73

click on system barcode....change.....new technology......give barcode name....then it will askfor barcode type-----there is a option for PDF 417.

HOPE IT WILL WORK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really not having the slightest idea how to resolve this with a normal printer.

Maybe you can use a label-printer. They have built-in commands to do this.

I have done it with a CAB and a zebra printer.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe i've found the answer for (via ITTOOLBOX)

i've not checked by myself

Well, SE73 - define system barcode with type: PDF 417.

For SapScripts see OSS 197177, for SmartForms OSS 645158 for further

details.

Gr., Frank

rajesh_chaskar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear F. Bernsen ,

Thanks For the inputs .

I have created the Barcode in Se73.

After that in SMartform i have created character format where i inserted above barcode type .

and i have written the program in same manner as one dimentional (Logic For Concatenation).

Which is as bellows............

*===========================================================

Varibale Barcode is of type CHAR(1000).

CONCATENATE CUST_CODE '\&'

CUST_CITY '\&'

CST_NO '\&'

LST_NO '\&'

INV_QUANTITY '\&'

INV_AMOUNT '\&'

INTO BARCODE.

and now while displaying code is as follows,

* <C1>&BARCODE&</>

where C1 is character format with BARcode.

After doing this ,system is able to print BARCODE but while scanning it is not able to detect the data.

If i missed out anything or anything is wrong in above process ,kindly help me resolving above issue.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Rajesh c

Edited by: rajesh chaskar on Mar 30, 2009 4:21 PM