cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS connection test in ABAP failed with ADSUser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in the process of configuring Adobe Document Services and setting up the communication between the J2EE server and the ABAP stack. They are installed on different machines, so I set up a HTTP connection on the ABAP stack for ADS accessing this path on my J2EE server /AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc. However, when the connection was tested it came back with the return message 403 and text Forbidden.

I then checked the URL on the portal server itself, and tried to login with ADSUser and password, and got the same result (403). I then tried to authenticate with the Administrator user and this worked fine. From what I read from documentation, it should be the ADSUser that is used to connect from the ABAP side. Is there something I missed in configuration?

The ADSUser on the Java stack is part of the ADSCallers group, and this was all preconfigured when we ran the installation. We are running EP7 with ECC6.

<removed_by_moderator>

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Thanks.

Joanna

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Mar 24, 2009 10:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check wheter ADSUser contain role ADSCallers in ABAP system and role is activated.

and you are not forgotten following as per config document of ADS.

Assigning the Security Role in Java

1. Log on to the Visual Administrator.

2. On the Cluster tab, choose Server <x> u2192 Services u2192 Security Provider.

3. On the User Management tab, choose the Tree tab in the left panel.

4. In the User Tree, ensure that the user you created in ABAP appears under the ADSCallers group.

5. On the Policy Configurations tab, in the Components area, select com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices*AdobeDocumentServicesAssembly.jar.

6. On the Security Roles tab, select ADSCaller from the Security Roles list.

7. In the Mappings area, choose Add, which is assigned to Users. A dialog Choose Users or Groups is displayed.

8. Choose the Tree tab.

9. In the User Tree, under the ADSCallers group, select the ADSUser you just created and choose OK. This assigns the new user to the ADSCaller security role.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the configuration in Visual Administrator as per the steps you mentioned, however there is no ADSUser or ADSCaller role in the ABAP system (it is a separate system) as we are using the ADS installed on the Java stack. ADSUser exists in the Java stack and has been assigned the ADSCaller role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes but you need to create the user if you are using separate java system as per configuration document.

check following part in configuration document.

5.3.1 Creating a User in the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP for Basic Authentication

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved that issue by linking the WSNavigatorRole to all.

Perhaps you can try it:

Open the Visual Admin. Then go to the section Services --> Security Provider and there in the "Policy Configuration". There you have to choose sap.com/com.sap.engine.services.webservices.tool~wsnavigator.

Then change the WSNavigatorRole Security Role to "all" (from Administrators).

That worked for me.

If you open a security leak with this change, I cannot tell.

Regards

Marco

Update: I found a sap.help.com Page for that issue:

Link:

[WSNavigatorSapHelp|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b7/d7baaf1481a349ab723e3acd7334b3/content.htm]

Edited by: Marco Cleopazzo on Apr 1, 2009 9:49 AM