cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to show an icon while the application gets loaded on the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to show an icon or Loading...Please Wait kind of thing on the portal when the webdynpro java iview is being loaded. any idea how this functionality is achieved?

I tried coding for the same in wdDoInit but that did not serve the purpose. I have reached to conclusion that there might be a requirement for portal application to be developed. If there is any way this functionality can be achieved using WD JAVA then please guide and if portal application is to be created then please tell the procedure to do the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat

You can use progress bar instead.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Check out this blog by Valery : [Loading... Please wait.|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4648] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Image loading_ani.gif is used for loading a page.

Create a view in the webdynpro.View1

UI elements:

text view:Loading

Timed Trigger:onAction ->GotoNextView

Image:ID:LoadingImage,alt:Loading,Source:loading_ani.gif.

Go to Window:

Create outbound plug for View to navigate to next view

View Implemenation:

Action: GotoNextView(): wdThis.wdFirePlugView1Out();

For the firsttime,While loading the application you will get the image.

Regards,

Lavanya.G

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat

Some points to discuss

1. These thing are already taken care by application because its a thread implementation that is the responsibility of any standard enterprise application.

2. For UI specific thing we can implement option that is just a representation of the UI (Process indicator)

for example click of button process indicator will start when it reaches to 1000 ms then only action will perfrom.

3. In your case loading case of one iView (very first view ) then it will automatically display in a status of IE

further , onces u enter inside the application all process handle will be transfer to application , and whenever it find that the status of their thread (Application's ) is too long It automatically introduce the Netweaver special Chakra.

4. Even if you implement the Process indicator in this scenario , So what will happen that initially IE status will come (agreed ) then application will start , then if application found that its too long then imagine your process indicator is running but top of that that chakra is running (it also clear the point :- that is our UI implementation top of that application implementation ).

5. Summaries all the point : Wd don't have handle to handle application processing (i.e that indicator which comes as default whenever required and it shoud be .)

I hope some points will clear to you.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rajat,

Please have a look to this link, where I have given the solution of somewhat same requirement:

I hope this helps! Please revert back in case you want any further help!

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh