Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while posting billing document - Error belongs to Business area/G/L a

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am posting the billing document i ma getting below error message:

Business Area must be entered, Pl check if the Business Area is correct Message no. ZT017

I think it is due to MWST tax condtion type and respective G/L account only.

When i post 17% tax of MWST i am able to post it - it is having one G/L account,

When i post 5% tax of MWST, i am not able to post it - Different G/L Account - I am getting above error.

Please suggest us to proceed further.

Regards

Lakshmikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tax amount will be picked based on your condition records maintained in VK11.The Tax percentage 17% and 5% is belongs to different tax codes.I think the tax procedure is having only 17% tax code.Check in FTXP whether the 5% tax code is assigned or not.

Regards,

Hari Challa.

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Different tax codes and tax percentages also maintained in FTXP already.

If i use tax code A1 it is working fine, if i use tax code A2 it is not working.

If i change the G/L account of A2 to other G/L account which we are using for A1, it is working.

Regards

Lakshmikanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmikanth

If you face any error pertains to G/L Assignment in billing, straightaway you can compare the settings in VKOA. Either Account Assignment Group or Account Key or G/L Account would have been maintained wrongly. Please double check in VKOA

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

This is not at all related to VKOA settings, because the G/L account determination through OB40 here. But every thing is in place. A1 tax code with XXXXXX G/L account is working fine, A2 tax code with YYYYY G/L account is not working fine. If change A2 tax code G/L account to XXXXXX, it is working fine. Here only with YYYYY G/L account issue,

The error details already available in this thread.

Thanks and Regards

Lakshmikanth