cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Corruption issues in GRC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having issues in RE 5.2 where anytime we make a change to a role, RE does not keep the integrity of the role. Basically, when you make a change to a role, other undesirable changes are made to the role. The corruption is also happening with the org level vaulues. Has anyone else seen this issue and how were you able to get around it?

Also, does anyone know whether this is an issue in 5.3?

What are the major differences between version 5.2 and 5.3?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claude,

I don't know the issue which you have mentioned here but ERM/RE 5.3 works fine even though it is not fully matured product. I don't recommend using RE 5.2 as it does not have most of the necessary functionalities or features.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claude,

We are facing the same issues with RE 5.2

The role description gets whacked out, org values go missing, field values go missing. Even expert generate via PFCG does not fix the problem. We had to re-do all the roles we tried configuring through RE. Did you open a message with SAP, were you able to get a fix for this?

For now, we have switched back to PFCG

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I opened a message with SAP. They provided a hot fix but we have not tested it yet. It is SP12 Patch1. My guess is that you can access this and apply it as well.

You might want to try it in GRD, test it and see. We are also considering upgrading to 5.3. Since we have not come to a decision, I don't know if this hot fix works or not.

Thanks,

Claude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Claude, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply

We too have opened a message with SAP now, I will check the patch level, maybe that's where the problem lies. Since it's amounting to re-work, we have stopped using RE for now. Also, 5.2 RE is not adding any major value for us, I still like PFCG way better! Maybe we can consider 5.3 RE later on.....I will keep you updated if we apply the hot fix and we test RE again.

Thanks again

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help. Please share any information on differences between RE 5.2 and RE 5.3.

Thanks

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Claude-

You can check the 5.3 release notes available on help.sap.com

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claude,

I haven't seen such an issue with RE 5.2 lately. Are you sure is this the application and the DB where the problem exists. I hope application and DB logs can help you out in this problem. Moreover, as Alpesh has already mentioned ERM 5.3 is very much advanced when it comes to role designing and maintenance.

--

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for your responses. I will mark this question answered shortly but wanted to ask if either one of you have any documentation that shows the differences between AC5.2 and AC5.3. I have not been able to find such.

Thanks,

Claude