cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Alert Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have configured an alert to trigger from a BPM...

The alert is getting triggered successfully when the corresponding exception occurs and the alert message (from long text) is coming into the Alert Inbox of the Recipient.

Now the problem is the values that the message is supposed to show are blank (like SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE, SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE etc) and i am getting the below message:

Alert triggered while executing the BPM with the following details:
Interface Name: 
Interface Namespace:

No value for Interface Name and Interface Namespace getting populated.

I have included the Alert Variables within the ampersand sign (&SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE&)

Please provide solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I hope you have created you Abap dict type for &SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE& which is SXI_FROM_ACTION_NS.

Regards

joel

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured another alert with all the same details and same settings...both these alerts are the same...the only problem with this alert through BPM is that it is not displaying the values.

However the second alert which is configured for general exceptions (like in mapping) is perfectly showing all the values..

I hope you have created you Abap dict type for &SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE& which is SXI_FROM_ACTION_NS

Any link on how to check whether this particular configuration is properly created.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just check - whether in the alert category you are using in BPM has the dynamic text option ticked or not.......if it is not ticked, then tick it.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am correct....when you check the Dynamic Text box the Long text and short text tab is disabled from the alert category definition....and oonly those values coming from BPM will be considered...at this point i wont be getting fields like SXMS_FROM_SERVICE, SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE, SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE....

Also I am not pulling any value from the message (like fileName, FieldValue)....

Waiting for more inputs...

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I defined a Alert Category and defined some variables in the Container and passed the values from Prog to the container using the FM SALRT_CREATE_API.

But I am Not having any Body or Subject from the Alert.

Any enpty alert is being triggerd.

Please solve my problem how to get the Sub and Body.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have created alert container variables as in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

and in long text use this.

Description of the Error : &SXMS_ERROR_CODE&

Sender Service: &SXMS_FROM_SERVICE&

Sender Namespace: &SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE&

Sender Interface: &SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE&

Receiver Service: &SXMS_TO_SERVICE&

Receiver Namespace: &SXMS_TO_NAMESPACE&

Receiver Interface: &SXMS_TO_INTERFACE&

It will work.pls test and let me know the outcome.Make sure u have not chked dynamic text checkbox in alert category.

Thanks

Hamja

Edited by: Hamja Hussain on Mar 24, 2009 12:07 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just got a piece of info from help.sap.com sayin that the alert container variables like FROMSERVICE, SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE, SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE, etc cannot be used for alert from BPM...and hence you will have to trigger it using the alert message section of Control Step and by using one of the Michals blogs:)...

regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, i just confused for Dynamic text.........you use dynamic text if you are specifying alert msg in your BPM and so you do not define the alert msg in alert category.......

just try this - use Dynamic text and in BPM use your SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE variable in your msg and see if it is gettting data in your alert........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta