cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancelling the entire Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I wanted to know if there is a way to cancel the entire Sales Order @header level?

Out business can have items as many as 150+ placed on a sales order. And cancelling each item individually by entering the Reason for Rejection might be inefficient.

Can anyone suggest another way of acheving the same.

Thanks

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit

Apart from the suggestions given already

The REASON OF REJECTION Can be given at the header level

In the overview screen of the sales order in the application tool bar you can see the option REJECT DOCUMENT is there or you can use (CRTL+F10)

For a sales order which has 500 or 600 line items the whole order can be rejected with a single stroke with this REASON OF REJECTION which is given at the header level will be valid for all 500 or 600 line items

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Raja wrote

or you can use (CRTL+F10)

This option (Cntrl + F10) goes to item level only and I have rechecked this at my end. Can you please reconfirm whether what you said holds good ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

The option i gave, reject document goes to item level only but in a single shot it accesses all the line items ( which i had mentioned in the previous post itself ) even if there are 600 line items in a sales order

The same reason of rejection is automatically copied to all the line items instead of we copying it each lie itemwise

The understanding what i had about this REJECT DOCUMENT is given at header level and it is valid for all items (this also i mentioned in my previous post)

This was suggested to that friend for making his job easier

Still i feel this is a good option along with all the other valid suggestions

Hope what i have suggested is something relevant to the issue and not something wrong

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Raja

The suggestion what you gave is absolutely correct but what I am trying to say is that after pressing +Cntrl + F10+ and assign Reason for Rejection, the same is assigned only to first line item and not for all.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Lakshmipathi

The CRTL + F 10 if you give Reason of rejection it straight away assign the same reason of rejection to all the line items in the sales order not for the first line item only as you mentioned

I have personally tested this with 15 line items just now

I am extremely sure of what i have written

This functionality has been suggested by to our clients in practical scenarios and tested by me now also

When i suggest something i am doubly sure of that and test it and then suggest

Moreover this Reason of rejection in all the line items (in all the 15 in my case)

are in the editable mode only so that we can change it someother key for one or two line items if we want

sir

when you have asked or suggested something i am doubly sure if my reply

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raja,

Thanks for the solution, it worked.

Due points have been assigned.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best option is to go with what was suggested earlier -- do reject at header. This is only one entry to make, and the entire order will be closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinit,

In SD we can delete a sales order directly when No further documents should be generated with the help of this sales order

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vinit

If there is no subsequent document, you can simply delete the sale order. If you dont want to delete but to block that order, then you can assign Delivery and Billing blocks at header level.

Alternatively, if you want to assign Reason for Rejection at item level, the same can be done via TCode MASS.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use t-code "MASS" and object type = 'BUS2032' to do mass maintenance of reason for rejection code.

Alternatively, create a customized program to do this mass update by calling bdc or bapi.

Need discuss with your developer to implement this solution.

cheers,