Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issues - Large Route Determination Table TROLZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently on SAP 4.6C

We use the Route Determination functionality in SAP to determine a Route at item level during Sales Order entry.

Our Route Determination table (TROLZ) currently holds just over one hundred thousand Route determination records. We use six different Shipping Conditions which multiplies out the number of entries in TROLZ.

A business improvement project has identified that we need to create an additional five million records in TROLZ to achieve a desired business outcome. Since this is going to dramatically increase the number of records in TROLZ, we are concerned that it is going to have a performance impact during Order entry.

I was wondering if anyone had past experience of Sales Order entry performance being affected by the number of records in the Route determination table - TROLZ? Or any other issues which may arise by having such a large TROLZ table?

All help/advice greatly appreciated,

Ravelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm still interested in hearing feedback/opinions from anyone else who may have had experience in this area.

Thanks,

Ravelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravelle

I am working with client which spreads over the globe and till now we have maintained @ 19000 route combination FROM - TO in TROLZ. We used 8 shipping conditions and 7 transportation groups as major. So for these many number of routes there are multiple combinations maintained for each of the route.

being a global instance and with such a high records in TROLZ i do not find any sytem impact while creating an order so any other related to TROLZ condition is hardware config for server and table space mainted by BASIS is to be perfect.

I conclude, there will not be great impact with these records, maintain perfect system environment.

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks very much for your response - I found it very helpful. As you can understand, we don't want to find ourselves in a position where to spend a great deal of time implementing this change only to find out it has a negative impact on Order entry performance.

We have already consulted with our BASIS team to outline our proposed changes. Our BASIS team is confident that from a storage perspective that the additional five million records is not going to present any issues for the TROLZ table. However, the impact for an end-user from a performance perspective is a completely different issue.

Reading you response, am I correct in assuming that you have a total of just over one million records in TROLZ (19000 X 8 X 7)?

One other question too if you don't mind...what method do you guys use to upload Route Determination rules. We currently use a LSMW recording but this is extremely time consuming. We haven't been able to locate any BAPI or IDoc methods.

Thanks,

Ravelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes correct, your understanding is correct

To upload the the million record you have following options

1. LSMW by direct input method

2. LSMW by Batch input(BDC)

3. BAPI

4. IDOC

5. Z-Program to upload data directly to tables.

The last option to write program is used to transfer data directly in tables else othrs will be used as recording and input to fields.

May be your ABAPer will able to explain this in more details.

Direct input by standard program (need to find standard program) and do some performance tunning to improve.

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol, appreciate your help/advice.