Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System HP_UX reboot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1.I have to do system reeboot.

My OS is HP_UX.

I tried to find from the manual. I login via root,then I typed man shutdown but couldnt get it in the documentation.Please help me.

2.In HP_UX OS where to see the backup logs at OS level..?My system is down and at that time

online backup was happening.I think some of the table might get locked and I might need to run recover database command after loging via sqlplus.Please suggest.

3. For 1 particular client I have to to BD recovery. DB is SQL2005. I want to know do I need to run any database command after the restore.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. To shut down and reboot an HP-UX system, use the shutdown -r command

2. your backup would have failed but there is absolutely no need for running any commands for recovery

3. What is BD?

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rohit.

My mistake. Actually I have to do database recovery of SQL 2005 server for a particular cleint.

I need to know do I have to run any of the SQL database command after this.

Also as per I know my database sytem would have got hanged as my online backup has terminated so do I need to run recover database command.

Also where in HP_UX I can see the backup logs at OS level.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you taking the backups? Location of the logs depends on this. If it is BRTOOLS then you can try in sapbackup directory.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

No we take backup via HP Data Protector.And once in HP Dataprotector when I checked it says backup copmlete with RC = '0'.

But later on we find via DB12 that it actually failed.

Today we cannot login to SAP as our system is down while backup was happening and I am not sure whether it happens or not.In HP DP it says its done,but I want to check the log at OS level.

Please help.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the log in sapbackup directory? You can cat the recent file to check the contents.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no directory:My OS is HP_UX. And when I am checking the mount point there is no SAPBACKUP mount point. Please suggest.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, my answer was for Oracle.

Never heard of SQL2005 on HP-UX, by the way.

A directoryhasn't to be a mount point, by the way

Edited by: Joe Bo. on Mar 24, 2009 10:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Joe,I am sorry I think I didnt write my question well.

For your clarification.

1. I was asking how to ckeck backup log at OS level in HP_UX.We haev HP_UX with Oracle database.

2. My next question was that for particular client I have to to a restore.They have SQL2005 on windows 2003 OS.Now my quesiom was do I need to run some database command after a restore.

Sorry again for the confusion I created.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid I still don't fully understand ...

And I don't know, if or how HP Data Protector is interacting with SAP's brbackup.

The backups you can see in DB12 usually have logfiles; the full path of sapbackup directory usually is /oracle/<SID>/sapbackup. (That's what was in my previous answer, before editing.) So look for logiles there! And it doesn't matter whether or not sapbackup is a mount point.

And as for restoring SQL2005 on windows 2003, I suggest you either look for the MSSQL restore manuals (I don't know where they are, btw) or start a separate thread.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

I would also suggest you to start a new thread for SQL server 2005 restore

My team has just finished doing the system refresh of ERP,BI and SRM systems in SQL server 2005,so I hope I will be able to help you in detail on this

Also please refer to SAP Notes 193816 and 151603

These will be damn useful when you plan to start with restore

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

I would also suggest you to start a new thread for SQL server 2005 restore

Why should I?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joe

Please refer to rules:

"Only One Question Per Posting

For each question that you have, make a separate posting. Don't ask multiple questions in one posting, this is confusing for people and might not get answered, since the subject line does not reflect all your problems. If a new and unrelated question comes up during a thread, start a new thread.

"

moreover this sql restore will be better answered if it is in Database and OS platforms

and this is just a suggestion

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

let me suggest you read who did post what.