cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form language translation issues (SE63)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When attempting to translate our forms into various other languages via SE63 (from form editing, GOTO->TRANSLATION), we are having some odd things show up that I am hoping somone can help with.

(1) When changing text from the source in the target for a special/foreign character, the character is replaced with a "#" after we save (as if it does not know what to do with the character). For example, when going from EN to FR, we might have "Départ". After saving, it becomse "D#part".

(2) On my machine, when I "copy" the source to the target window (bottom), it cuts off some of the last line. When attempting to save, I get "Omitted Objects (Could not be Converted):" and not further information. However, on a co-workers machine, he can copy without any text cut off and save without the error. The only difference in Reader is the same, Designer is the same, etc. Our only difference...I run the 7.10 patch level 7 SAP GUI and he runs 7.10 patch level 5. I would not think that would cause the issue though.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another "odd" one...Say you are viewing a form in a translation you made and need to change it again. If you change a translation but NOT the form layout, you will not see your new translation when viewing in runtime. You have to change the layout in some way to force you to re-activate. Then your "new" translation will display. We found no options (no cache setting or otherwise) to force it to pick up translation changes. Very strange.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(2) That was it!!!!! Updated from SAP GUI 7.10 patch level 7 to patch level 12 and now it works PERFECTLY! Uggg....what a "fun" one to fight with. haha No one ever said they would be small dragons. {{grin}}

Hope this helps others.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(1) Although it does not make sense, even if I built the file offline and upload it into SE63, you still have to be logged in as the langauge you are translating TO for it to work correctly. Not sure why, but that's how it goes. I would think it would look at the codepage and know/load it in correctly (like switching languages or style sheets on the fly in a browser).

(2) Still exploring this one...looks like it might be a SAP GUI control version problem. It keeps cutting off the last few characters in the window for the patch level 7 version.

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

This could be possible with font unavailability in SAP, please do a check in se73 for the correct font families for french.

Regards,