cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of lots UI element with two persons in diffrent views or screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a way a could copy my UI element from one view to another view.... im trying to use this because i need to creat a web dynpro with lots of UI element (250) inside a tabstrip and to do it fast the creation, another persons is going to help me.

what can i do?

Thanks for the hep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

250 UI elements on one view/screen? Sounds strange.

There are different options for getting copies of screens:

- Copy/Paste in View Designer

- Using a method to create the screen programmatically, calling it for different parent containers

- Creating a Web Dynpro component and using different component instances

Armin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

In general, Copy-paste of UI elements is allowed in a particular view, across 2 views of same component & also across 2 views of 2 different components is also possible (copy from Outline view).

You can also have more than one view usages of same view in a single window (embedding of same view multiple times possible).

Please ensure that you are copying under the same structure.

For example, 'Tab' can be copied directly as child of 'TabStrip', similarly 'toolbar' as child of 'tab'.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One possibility : You can reuse the whole instance of the view in different window.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

You can directly copy the entire view or UI elements in the view using CtrlC, CtrlV.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siva, thanks for the help.

i did try, copying in the layout of the view my UI Elements and try to paste it in the layout in the other view in the web dynpro explorer and didn't work i even try to do the right click mouse in the other layout searching for the paste option and appears to be disabled the paste option.

and i try directly like you said and dind't work.

0 Kudos

Erick,

Try copying and Pasting from 'Outline' view. It works well and generates new names when there is a name conflict i.e. if I copy and paste an element named DropDownByKey1, it will not only copy and paste the element but automatically rename it to DropDownByKey2.

You can multiselect the elements by holding CTRL key and then paste them all together.

Hope this helps.

Vishwas.