Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Authorization Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new authorization object for transaction IW22, I've added the new authorization to SU24, as check/maintain (release 4.6c). I performed a system trace whilst testing the transaction but the new authorization object is not checked in the SAP trace analysis. Is there another step I have missed?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, but where in IW22 do you want this check to happen, and how should the system react to it if the user is not equiped with sufficient values for your custom authorization?

Perhaps you suspect that there is something important but obvious which you have forgotten?

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, but where in IW22 do you want this check to happen, and how should the system react to it if the user is not equiped with sufficient values for your custom authorization?

Perhaps you suspect that there is something important but obvious which you have forgotten?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> Perhaps you suspect that there is something important but obvious which you have forgotten?

A search for "keyring" in the forum may shed some light on the subject......

0 Kudos

Hi

The new authorisation has been created to restrict who can close a specific notification by planner group, the authorisation objects are:

Business transaction PMM2, PMM3, PMM4, PMM5, PMM6, PMM7 BETRVORG

Planner Group for Customer Ser A01, A02 INGRP

Notification Type N2, N4, N5 QMART

Do I need to add this authorisation object to the AUTHORITY-CHECK statement?

Thanks

0 Kudos

What is the name of your authorization object and what are it's fields?

Perhaps you meant "custom role" and are using standard object?

> Do I need to add this authorisation object to the AUTHORITY-CHECK statement?

If this is a custom auth object, then yes. In special cases you can configure checks, but usually you need to code them...

Search for "keyring" and take a look at that thread, as Jurjen suggested...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

from your explanation of your authorization object you have made :

> Business transaction PMM2, PMM3, PMM4, PMM5, PMM6, PMM7 BETRVORG

> Planner Group for Customer Ser A01, A02 INGRP

> Notification Type N2, N4, N5 QMART

I can see that you have created custom authorization object consist of BETRVORG, INGRP, and QMART (afaik there is no SAP Standard authorization object consist of that authorization field combination). Because standard IW22 didn't capture new authorization object you have made, you should perform some code changes to IW22 by perform AUTHORITY-CHECK statement that state IW22 have to check your authorization object. Maybe you can ask your ABAP to do this.

personally, I avoid to make changes to IW22. I prefer to copy IW22 to ZIW22 and then make changes on ZIW22. but if you are OK making changes to IW22, it should be no problem, too.

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno