cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot logon to DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when logging on to the DTR (e.g. using the Repository Browser in NWDS) there is an error:

" Accessing server root property (XCM_CLIENT:minVersion) failed: Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied]"

Additionally we are unable to logon to the DTR using <host>/dtr (HTTP 403 Forbidden), is this some ACL-issue or something?

Thanks in advance,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I faced the same kind of error once when accessing DTR.

The problem was, the user which was trying to acess DTR was having insufficient roles.

The solution is

Go to the user admin page of server and assign required roles to XXX user to access DTR.

1. Add XXX user to NWDI.Administrators and NWDi.developers groups

2. Also add NWDi.administrator role to XXX User.

This will solve the problem which occurred due to no access to DTR(Insufficient roles to XXX)

Thanks n Regards,

Archana

0 Kudos

Thought I would expand on the resolution, since I hit this problem myself of trying to access the DTR from NWDS and getting an access denied message. For whatever reason, NWDI is checking the group permissions and appears to be ignoring the Role permissions. I find this to be a bad practice being implemented by SAP. If you want to get this to work, double check that you have setup the user in the Group and not simply added them to a Role.

We store our groups in Active Directory and map Groups --> Roles. It took some attention to detail to realize, for the DTR access in NWDS to work you need the user in the group (might be able to just assign a child group).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually we face this issue when you provided wrong url in NWDS.

Please check the DTR url in NWDS from Windows>>Preferences>>Java Development Infrastructure>>Development Configurations>> http://test1123.xa.abc.com:50000

Check the correct port number , if you are not sure about the DTR url, pelase ask the BASIS guys they might help you in providing the correct URL.

Thanks

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kai,

I am experiencing the exact same issue as you. Just wondering if you ever got a resolution.

Thanks for your help.

Pam Lavery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that the user with which you are trying to logon to DTR is added to the NWDI.Developers Group or has the NWDI.Developer Role on the NWDI system.....

Regards,

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Guys.

Where did you defined the DTR URL ?

Windows->Preferences->Develeopmenent Infrastructure->Landscape directory->give your DTR Configured Systesm URL .

after that you have to import the DI Configuration then only it will reflect in your perpective.

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meder,

Re-check the server address you mentioned in NWDS Windows->Prefernces->development configuration->URL(which is related to DTR/SLD).

After rechecing the URL ping and check the connection status.

From this address we will connect to DTR.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

using NWDS 7.1 SP07, there is no option to explicitly configure anything NWDI/DTR server-related. The only URL-field is to configure the SLD.

furthermore I am able to access the DTR but this access-denied error instantly stops further processing.