SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pmt specifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Experts

what is payment specification? where it is useful in pmts posting(example)?is this specification should assign to contract a/c or b.p

cheers

surya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Guess you are talking about Payment terms.

They are configured in FI/CO and mapped unto FICA.

Payment terms are assigned to Contract Account <only 1 Payment term per CA>.

Payment terms determine the due date either from Posting date or Doc date or Entry date depending up on your Config

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Rajendra

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Guess you are talking about Payment terms.

They are configured in FI/CO and mapped unto FICA.

Payment terms are assigned to Contract Account <only 1 Payment term per CA>.

Payment terms determine the due date either from Posting date or Doc date or Entry date depending up on your Config

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

hi,Rajendra

iam talking abt specification not on pmt terms,can u explain me abt pmt specifiations

cheers

surya

0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Apologies for the mix up.

You can create Payment Specifications either for Payment Run or for Payment lot using FPY1A & FPY1B Respectively.

Once you create Pay Spec, you can run FPY1 selecting 'Payment Specifications'. This clears the Pay Spec and entry is passed.

Prerequiste for Pay Spec is :

1. Your Payment program should be in place

2. Number Ranges for Pay Specs using FPN10.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hi,

Rajendra

can u give idea abt what will come under specification and give me a generally scenario in sap fica

cheers

surya

0 Kudos

Surya,

I guess this is mainly used for Single Payment against Multiple Invoices £1000 to be collected from his Bank X and <£ 1000 to be collected from his Bank Y, in such scenario, you can group the items based on Specific Bank account, Specific Payment method using Payment Specifications and Run your Payment program for Payment specifications to collect the Payments as desired.

Does this help?

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

hi rajendra

iam more clear now

thx & regards

surya

0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am using FICA for Public sector. I dont seem to find were to maintain the payment terms on the contract account CAA1 , PLEASE help

Thx