cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro function for Drill-down level determination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is there any macro function (or alternative) to obtain the drill-down level of a certain characteristic?

FUNCTION( 'characteristicu2019 ) = DRILL-DOWN LEVEL

There's a function which performs the reverse process:

DRILL_IOBJNM( drill-down level ) returns the technical name of the characteristic at the particular drill-down level.

I need the opposite process.

I could not find the answer to this question in any forum, but I believe that it's a very necessary (and obvious) function and should be available too.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... the way I managed to do it was using the opposite function DRILL_IOBJNM( drill-down level ) for every characteristic and every possible level of disaggregation.

With a good implemented logic, you will be able to determine which is the drill-down level of each characteristic.

For example:

IF

DRILL_IOBJNM( 1 ) = 'char1'

THEN

VARIABLE1 = 1

ELSEIF

DRILL_IOBJNM( 2 ) = 'char1'

THEN

VARIABLE1 = 2

ELSEIF

DRILL_IOBJNM( 8 ) = 'char8'

THEN

VARIABLE8 = 8

ENDIF

Of course, this is a very clumsy solution but I believe you should find at least the idea of how to solve the problem (I didn't need to verify that many things, but the solution is based on this idea).

Now you all understand why I wan't to find the function I'm asking for. It would help to avoid a lot of conditions and variables and resume everything in just a few lines.

Hope this helps...

I'm still waiting for some to come up with my ideal function for this situation

Best regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone!

I've managed to find a workaround and already have that option working in my Production environment.

However, I still think that a function like the one I'm asking should exist.

FUNCTION( 'characteristicu2019 ) = DRILL-DOWN LEVEL

If anyone knows of something like this, please let me know, if not, I would like to know how to advise SAP guys about the possibilty to add this type of function through a note or in a future APO release.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Can you explain me what's the workaround you found? I'd be interested in knowing how to do so.

Regards

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers. However, none of them answered my question.

I'll explain the issue a little bit more...

I need to know which is the actual drill-down level of a certain characteristic at a given moment (interactive macro run)

Example (Char A, Char B and Char C):

I need a macro to drill-down to details A and B and then drill-up back to the drill level they were originally. I also need C not be drilled at all for the macro to run correctly.

It would be great if there were a way to determine not only if A, B or C are drilled but at which level each, to recover the exact original planning table display.

(I already managed to make the macro work with a more complex logic. I don't need to know how to make it work. I want to know about the existence of a simple function or a simple alternative to just use something in the form of:

--- FUNCTION( 'characteristic' ) = DRILL_DOWN LEVEL --- )

The existence of the opposite function makes me think that such a function should already exist in APO or, if not, it should be added to the list by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Yes, you can do this...as follows;

To drill down to material level write macro step DRILL_DOWN( '9AMATNR' )

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

You can try ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE in conjuction with DRILL_DOWN. Act_iobjNM_VALue returns the charateristic value which the system is processing.

Warm regds,

Ashutosh