cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class field in the condition tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I got one question that I am strugling on.

There is any way to add the CLASS field, from the classification system, to the field catalog in order to use it in the condition tables?

We want to create a class of customers to group several customers and than use that class (group of customers) in the access sequence of a condition.

There is any way, user exit or something, to do this?

Thank you very much for your time to help me.

Kind regards.

Pedro Barros

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

First of all thank you very much for your help.

In fact the customer group it could be a very good solution, however we will need to group customers in a more dinamic way. We will need to group customers to do some promotions (wholesale promotions) and these customers are not logicaly grouped. Do you know if there is any way to group customers without changing the customer master data?

Thank you very much for helping me.

Kind regards

Pedro Barros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can play with customer account group, customer condition group, or group key to achieve your objective.

My best bet is customer group.

Take Care.

Regards,

Anirban Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Rather than using class field you can utilize Customer Group.

Customer groups are part of the customer master data in SAP IMG. Customers are assigned to a particular customer group by assigning a two digit alphanumeric key. Such customer group key needs to be assigned to each and every customer master records.

The main benefit of customer groups is that it can be used in generating statistics and ceating condition records such as records for pricing.

For instance, you create two sets of customer groups, say Customer group A1 for domestic sales and Customer group A2 for international sales. You can choose to give discount to customer group A1 which are customers in the domestic market by creating a pricing condition for group A1.

Customer groups can be created in SAP SD usign the following menu path:

IMG --> Sales & Distribution --> Master Data --> Business Partners --> Customers --> Sales --> Define Customer Groups

or Transaction Code: OVS9

One needs to simply define a two digit alphanumeric customer group key. Once defined, the same can be assigned to a customer master record using the transaction code vd02/xd02. Such customer master key can be made mandatory for all customer master records.

Now you can create your condition table,access sequence containing customer/Customer group (as per your requirement).

Then maintain the condition type & condition record to use it for pricing.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anirban Roy