Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Mapping : Link to the repository

former_member185171
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm taking a look at PI Mapping with ABAP. In the documentation I find how I have to program the ABAP part, but I am missing the link with the messages defined in P.

I made a class 'ZA_CL_KCL_MAPPING' with interface IF_MAPPING in it.

I made the changes to the exchange profile, putting 'R3ABAP|ABAP-Class;R3XSLT|XSL (ABAP Engine)' in 'com.sap.aii.repository.mapping.additionaltypes'.

What is the step by step process to make my ABAP mapping really work ? Where do I put my missing link .

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I made the changes to the exchange profile, putting 'R3ABAP|ABAP-Class;R3XSLT|XSL (ABAP Engine)' in 'com.sap.aii.repository.mapping.additionaltypes'.

>

Hello Kris,

After maintaing the above entry have you followed the below mentioned steps..

1. Open http://<host>:<port>/rep/support/admin/index.html

2. Choose Administration of Properties -> All Properties

3. Most imp, If the value associated to parameter com.sap.aii.repository.mapping.additionaltypes is not visible, press REFRESH button (this refresh button is just infront of All Properties right hand side block).

Check these steps as well.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try giving this entry in Exchage Profile under IntegrationBuilder>IntegrationBuilder.Repository>com.sap.aii.repository.mapping.additionaltypes

R3_ABAP|Abapclass;R3_XSLT|XSL (ABAP Engine)

Close IR and Reopen. Now in interface mapping you can select the ABAP Mapping Type. Then give your abap class name there exactly what you defined in SE38.

Activate and test using Test tab of Interface Mapping. Use some sample payload of Source XML which you should be knowing.

Note:- Message Mapping is not required.

Regards,

- Gujjeti.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Mar 23, 2009 7:35 PM

former_member185171
Participant
0 Kudos

After changing R3_ABAP|ABAP-Class;R3_XSLT|XSL (ABAP Engine) into R3_ABAP|Abap-Class;R3_XSLT|XSL (ABAP Engine) it all started to work.

Thanks a lot.

Kris

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are not missing any thing. Your ABAP program should take the entire input as XML data and you can write your own logic to develop the complete XML back as a target message. In runtime your ABAP class will be triggered to which the input message will be passed as an XML data.

Regards

Jai

former_member185171
Participant
0 Kudos

Jai,

thanks for the quick reaction.

But : how does my ABAP mapping gets triggered ? I have to link it somehow with a message or an interface, haven't I ?

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>how does my ABAP mapping gets triggered ?

Simple. Once you enable ABAP mappings in the Exchange profile, you need to create a new interface mapping and change the mapping type to ABAP and mention your ABAP class name there.

Really simple, ain't it?