cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of Aggregates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under what conditions does an Aggregate get used for read access in interactive Planning. For example,

If we have 5 Chars, like Prod, Location, Sales Org, Region, Shiptoparty in the Aggregate and lets say 8 Chars overall in the POS. like Brand, Country, Product group in addition to the 5 from the Aggregate.

1. When we use only 3 of the above Chars in the selection ID, like lets say, Prod, SalesOrg, Region. Will the data loaded into the Planning table be read from the Aggregate OR the Planning Obj Structure?

2. I am sure that If we use all of the above five Characteristic(available in the Aggregate) in the selection ID, then the aggregate will be used, since a corresponding time series exists for the Aggregate CVCs

3. I also think, if we use a different set of characteristics in the Selection ID, like Prod, SalesOrg and Country(though a region always belongs to a country), the aggregate may not be used. Since Country is not a part of the Aggregate.

The main question is: If we use in our Selection ID (that is used to load data interactively) just one or a subset of the Characteristics available in the Aggregate. Will the Aggregate be used?, Is so, does that mean that, a corresponding time series exists for each individual Char used in the Aggregate?

Thanks

Rup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through SAP Note 503363 Use & management of fixed aggregates in DP

Quick answers to your queries

1. Data loaded from complete CVCs in Planning Obj Structure not aggregate

2. Yes

3. Yes

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somnath,

Thanks for the reply, I did go over Note before, But in the note it is mentioned that, All the characteristics in the selection ID should be included in the Aggregate , but does not clarify if All the chars in the Aggregate should be used in the selection ID.

Also one strange thing is, When I used Grouping condition in MC62 by selecting Prod, SalesOrg, Region in MC62 to display CVCs. It gave a message at the top saying some XXX number of datarecrods are selected from Aggregate (not POS), which means I selected the subset of chars (3) from total 5 in Aggregate. However, when I include some other Char, that is not used in the Aggregate in the Grouping condition, it said , XX data recrods selected for POS(this is reasonable and expected).

Do you know how this is happening and what this means?

Answers (0)