cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Webdynpro passing parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to pass a parameter to an ABAP webdynpro.

i have a parameter defined in the application "PLANNING_SEQUENCE"

if i run the webdynpro via a direct url and pass the parameter ?PLANNING_SEQUENCE=<sequence> it seems to receive the parameter ok.

if i run the webdynpro through an abap webdynpro iview and try to pass the parameter via ApplicationParameter=PLANNING_SEQUENCE=<sequence> it doesn't.

anyone know how this can be done??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Richard

Did you resolve this issue?

We are facing exactly this issue with WDA-iViews in our 7.0 SP23 portal accessing an ECC 6.0 EHP4 backend on NW 7.0 EHP1.

Cheers,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Application parameter become CASE SENSITIVE when used thru portal. Ensure that while creating the WD iView in the Portal you specify the application parameter in EXACTLy same cases as defined in the WebDynpro application.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have tried adding the parameter to the iview via

Application Name:

zrsplf_file_upload?PLANNING_SEQUENCE=ZPU_C41PS2

and i have tried the

ApplicationParameter property:

PLANNING_SEQUENCE=ZPU_C41PS2

and

?PLANNING_SEQUENCE=ZPU_C41PS2

but when i set a breakpoint in the webdynpro it does not appear to receive ANY parameters. correctly named or incorrectly named.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ApplicationParameter property:PLANNING_SEQUENCE=ZPU_C41PS2

above entry seems perfectly fine !! .

i have application with two parameters and i pass

IV_USERID=<User.LogonUid>&I_ACCESS=ON

well check the client SYSTEM alias used, ensure that its reffering to the correct client.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

check the application parameter of the iview as PLANNING_SEQUENCE=ZPU_C41PS2

and how are you accessing the parameter in WDA.

use this code in HANDLEDEFAULT method of window

data lv_configid type string.

lv_configid = wdr_task=>client_window->get_parameter( 'PLANNING_SEQUENCE' ).

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have checked the application parameters and the system alias. all fine. i changed over the WDA method for reading the parameter to what you suggested Bala but when i looked at the WDA call in debug it still wasn't passing any parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Did you resolve this error? I am facing the same problem for IP file upload. I need to pass PLANNING_SEQUENCE parameter to the webdynpro iview but it doesnt seem to work.

Thanks and Regards

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you running this WDA iView preview or are you using any Naviagation.

When you specify application parameter then it will be transformed as Business_parameter and passed to the WDA inboundplug.

You can define this application parameter as optional importing parameter and this will automatically populated in the inbound plug.

When you use absolute_navigation or relative_navigation then you need to set ('*' ) a iview property "Forward parameters to Webdynpro "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for the webdynpro Iview this parameter works fine when integrated in portal.

First try running in Portal otherwise do this way.

When you call this Webdynpro in Poratl Iview then there are also portal application parameters

where you need to pass it.

Please give it a try as I have not tried.

Regards,

Lekha.