cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material that is both Make to Order and Make to Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am implementing PPDS and one of my constraints is that I have a material that is both suited for make to order and make to stock. May I kindly ask as to the configuration in APO such that there would be a priority in the planning if the demand is pegged to a sales order rather than the forecast for make to stock.

Really hoping for your answers. Badly needed.

Thank you so much.

Ria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think if you can have both scenarios planned for a product with the standard SAP strategies. You need to create a custom planning strategy in R/3 and has to be mainatined in APO as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thank you so much for the reply.

I will have the material configured as make to stock, however, I would require demand prioritization such that if there is a sales order. The demand for the sales order will be taken into consideration first with regards to the capacity of the resource, stock and delivery.

Could this be possible? and how?

Many thanks again.

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ria,

I am a bit confused.

You have a single material which has both independent requirements and sales order requirements on it. Somehow, you want to prioritize the sales order demand over the PIR demand? I don't really understand this. Why wouldn't you just build the oldest requirement first (either PIR or Sales) regardless of the source?

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Priority can be set in two areas in the system. One at the location product master in APO in SNP2 tab and at the "delivery priority" field in the sales order at R/3.(corner end of sales order schedule line).

If you want sales order priority, please do not maintain anything on SNP2 tab (because PPDS will use this field for priority) and maintain your priority on the delivery priority field of sales order.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

So that means that I can still define the material as make to stock, however, I just need to set the prioritization in the sales order in R/3?

Many thanks.

Ria