cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPJSF user is getting locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAP BI 7.0 system on AIX and DB2 combination. I am getting one problem for the past 1 month. our BI consultant is running queries from BI Portal. while running queries from BI Portal, they are getting one error saying that " java i-view runtime error, if this error persists please contact your system administrator". while they are getting this error, I have observed that user SAPJSF is locked due to incorrect logons from ABAP level. once I unlock the user and refresh the BI portal page we are getting in and able to continue with our work.

This problem is repeating for every 3 weeks or 15 days ( but not for the constant time period). for the time being we are unlocking the user and continuing with work. but I want to know why this user is getting locked. it is only happening in DEV system but not in the remaining systems.we have run the support desk tool in BI DEV system and we made sure that we are not encountering any configuration problems.

roles attached to this uder is:

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO

profiles:SAP_ALL

please help me in this to solve this problem permanantely.

Mohan K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had same issue, after changing SAPJSF password from su01 & set the same password in config tool property

com.sap.security.core.ume.service -> ume.r3.connection.master.passwd..click on set to change then save.

afterwards we restarted the portal and it got up.

it will help someone else...it was occurred after we applied security related parameters in our ABAP system which was stopping portal startup by failing server 0 process.

Regards,

Kiraang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all you inputs.

This problem got resolved by applying latest support packages. still I don't know why did i get this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at the change Documents for SAPJSF that might clear you how SAPJSF is locking and then STAD it to get exact details.

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the JSF user password with the help of this SAP Note 999962

-Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have the right password. In order to check the password, logon with that user and password and see if it is correct.

if that is correct, do some trace using STAD and find out why it is locking.

Thanks!

rajavelu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan

SAPJSF user is used for communication between UME and ABAP user management.

Please check the following links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/af3ac012d32e78e10000000a155369/content.htm

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/af3ac012d32e78e10000000a155369/content.htm

I hope this helps

Regards

Chen

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well if you don't know whats locking the user the best is to check when and from where is the "logon attempts" been done... you can use security audit for it. Then you can cross-examine to see if theres any particulat job or RFC, JCO using SAPJSF that might lead to the account getting locked.

Regards

Juan