Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some simple queries as below,

- How do i install a printer in SAP ?

- Do i have to do any changes in the local windows user printer name or settings for the printing to work from SAP ?

- Is the printer setup in SAP common for all printers, i.e. a common model that works for all or have to install printer drivers to support different models.

Also, is it that, we have to rename all printers as such that it should not contain any spaces. For example - my printer name is "HP Laserjet 1100" then it must be renamed to "HPLaserjet1100" in order to print from SAP, else we cannot print from SAP ?

Can someone provide link to step-by-step installation and configuration of printer in SAP ?

Please guide.

Thanks.

Kalpesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a personal recommendation:

Avoid frontend (SAPGUI) printing, it's difficult to trace in case of an error. If your printers can't be connected to the network then use access method G (instead of F) - must more reliable than the old SAPlpd.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Sap transaction SPAD -> configuration -> Output devices -> Create

Enter the output device name, spool server, short name, host id (printer name), define to the output type (choose F:frontend printing or L: for LPR printing). Finally save the details.

Then try to print to the output device created.

Manoj

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to search SDN or help.sap.com ?

check following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/d9/4a8eb751ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

regards,

kaushal