cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate projects from another (external) system into PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which technique to use in your opinion is the best practice to migrate projects in PS?

Batch input or ABAP program and use BAPIS? or is ther other alternative?

Best regards

Jose Marin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going to use BAPIS and LSMW to do this. Thanks for your answers.

Regards

Jose Marin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I am stuck in similar situation as you described in this thread. We are using ACL for Projects. The projects from legacy system (MS Excel) are being migrated and we are building a BDC for this migration. We can see the ACL Tab appearing in recording for T-codes CJ01 / CJ02. However, the ACL Tab and the fields in this tab are not getting captured in the recording.

We did search for BAPIs, but could not find a uitable BAPI is PS that can be used to upload ACL.

Request you to please help me with some leads. I have posted my question on this portal with subject "Upload for Access Control List (ACL)" in PS (Project System) community. You may reply here or post your suggestions on my thread. Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Rahul Tarapure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

We did succed with this task to migrate ACL into Projects, with a custom made program with function moduls. I talked to my programers they will send you a guidance for this.

Best regards

Jose Marin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Jose!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am the programmer José is speaking about. I have created a Project definition by using "BAPI_BUS2001_CREATE" and then "BAPI_BUS2001_PARTNER_CREATE_M" to create partner data.

But I had to fill tab ACL "Access Control List" and tab "Collect PR Indicators" to. I can't find any Function module for this to objects. ACL is saved in table PSACL_TAB and "Collect PR Indicators" is saved in table PRPS_GRP_IND.

It's possible to use batch input for "Collect PR Indicators", but it dosn't work for ACL. You can't record the ACL tab! (We are recording with transaction CJ01 and CJ02).

Do you have some idiea?

Best Regards

Bertil

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depend upon scenario....

Wheather it is SAP to SAP. Actual cost booking is there or only structure is transfered etc... provide details, it will be helpful to answer.

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a external system not SAP, and I want to migrate both the structure and plan cost not actuals.

Best regards

Jose Marin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

Open PS is the best option, If your external system is MSP. There is no standard LSMW prog available for uploading the Projects. Howvever there are certain BAPIs available

1.BAPI_PS_INITIALIZATION

2.BAPI_BUS2001_CREATE

3.BAPI_BUS2054_CREATE_MULTI

4.BAPI_BUS2001_SET_STATUS (To set the status at project level)

OR

BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS (To set the status at WBS element level)

5.BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT.

I guess you don't have to code again for this. Whatever structures and internal tables in BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN can be used to populate the above BAPIs.I have checked on BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN and this creates a Project definition too.

Good option is to create a custom program and load data using the BAPIu2019s.The program should perform couple of pre-validations and should have error handling capability as well.

Thanks

Sarang

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i would use LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answer,

But this external system is not microsoft project, this is an custom done system so I think I can not use Open PS for this.

The best option seems to be a custom program and load data using the BAPIu2019s.

Because if I use LSMW I can not create easy cost planning items, but our ABAP programers are checking if they can use both LSMW and BAPIS but as I said I think is better with a custom program.

Best regards

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is one time then LSMW would be preffered option

If thinking of building an interface then BAPIs is good option.

I was involved in one such product development & 50% efforts are for error handling.