Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confirmation problem

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have created a sales order with one position and when i want to check item's availavility nothing happen.

If i look to order's status , i see that the position isn't confirmed. This problem exist only on those materials which have material group 5000000. This is a custom material group which i have created.

My question is that is any linkage between material group and that item availability? Or why I cannot confirm the material?

Thank you. Any help/clue/hint would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Material group is not related to availability check of the material in SAP.

availability check is activated only at 2 places

1) Schedule line category

2) Requirment Type

So check for this two in SAP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Availability check in sale order will happen from two places based on the settings you maintained.

First it will check your schedule line category in VOV6 where you can see the field "Availability". Next check in your Requirement Class in TCode OVZG whether the field "AvC" is selected.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

Tha availability Check works on the

1. Configuration that you have carried out at Requirement Class and its assignemnet to Requirement type.

2. Assignment of requirement type to your account category.

3. Check whether you have activated schedule line category

4. Define and mainatin Checking groups

5. Define checking groups default value.

this were you assign your Material type (FERT, HALB) + plant to checking group(01 or 02).

6. Check whether you have activated checking group (01 or 02) in Material master for every material.

7. Carry out control for availability check - where you configure Availabilty check controls.

Check whether you have activated

8. Check whether you have activated Availability Check and Transfer of requirements for your Requirement Class and Schedule line category.

9. Check whether you have mentioned "Availability Check OFF" for your item Category, if you find remove it.

10. Material Type, Plant, Checking Group, MRP Type, Strategy are important fields that needs to be maintained from MM.

11. Apart from this Item Category Schedule line categories and mainatenance of Avaialbility Check Controls is very important

Please verify whether you have mainatined Point 5, point 6, point 10 and Point 11.

Also consult your PP Consultant who has to work closely with you in this process.

Regards

Sathy