Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in import com.sap.mbs.ca.ur.enum.MessageType

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to import MAM30 SP5 in NWDS (7.1 SP03). After doing that I get an error that class com.sap.mbs.ca.ur.enum.MessageType; is missing.

In fact this class is part of the mbsui.jar file which is located in the lib folder of my application. MessageType class is in there.

mbsui.jar is added to my build path.

But the strange thing is that if i look at the jar file in NWDS, then i see that package com.sap.mbs.ca.ur.enum is missing, all the other packages for this jar file are there. What can be the reason for this?

I also have noticed that this question was already posted on this forum, but there the problem was that mbsui.jar was not added to the lib folder. This is not the issue in my case.

What could be the reason that one package of mbsui.jar is not seen by NWDS? I also copied the jar file, added this new jar file manually to the lib folder, also add this new jar file to my build path, everything except the com.sap.mbs.ca.ur.enum was succesfully included in the application.

thanks for your help

regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I think it is your Java version. Which version are you on?

Please run on Java Version 5 or lower, then this error should go away in my understanding.

Regards,

Oliver

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

In the meantime, i've sended a message to SAP. In fact to import the war file, i should use 1.4 jdk they say... But NWDS 7.1 requires 1.5 or higher. So for MAM3.0 i have to use NWDS 7.0... or change the package name and classes manually, which is not a good way of working...

Oliver, thx also for your response.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was reading through this post and wanted to add on some more inputs. The above error mentioned is due to the fact that Java 1.5 uses enum as a reserved keyword, where java 1.4 did not. So if we need to migrate to java 1.5 then we would get a compile error if we use the reserved keywords as a variable or a package name. This is the reason why with the latest version sap compatible with java 1.5 & above has moved the package names which were using enum.

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

When i try to manually create package com.sap.mbs.ca.ur.enum... i get return message 'enum' is not a valid Java identifier. Probably this is the reason why NWDS doesn't import this package in NWDS. Somebody knows how to deal with this?

regards

Peter