cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitering im Messege Montering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In messehe monitering we get to see three options in Messege from component. 1. Integration Server, Integration engine and Adapter Engine .

My Questions are,

1. Does search for error / success messeges in messege monitering on the basis of Integration Server means we include both Integration Engine as well as Adapter Engine Errors / Success meseges?

2. Can we see waiting messehes in both Integration Engine and Adapter engine.

3. Can we see Holding messege s in Both Integration and Adapter engine.

4. Is there any hard and fast funda that Holding messeges are only meant for Adapter engine and waiting messegees reflect the ststus in Integration Engine.

5. Is it hard and fast taht Waiting messeges finally go to System error???

6. getting the following error in End to end Monitering:

No process defined for this domain .

In configuration tab , after entering the password, getting to see the follwoing!

No ports that send to the Integration Server could be found for the following ALE logical systems:<br>DTRCLNTXXX: Neither the messager server nor the application server can be reached for system DTR DTRCLNTXX: Neither the messager server nor the application server can be reached for system DTR

Any Ideas???

Experts,

Pls Help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Does search for error / success messeges in messege monitering on the basis of Integration Server means we include both Integration Engine as well as Adapter Engine Errors / Success meseges? - Yes

2. Can we see waiting messehes in both Integration Engine and Adapter engine. - I think only in Adapter engine you can see it because msgs at IE will either be sucessful or will be erroring.....

3. Can we see Holding messege s in Both Integration and Adapter engine. - I think holding, waiting and To Be Delivered are same but i am not sure about this thing.

4. Is there any hard and fast funda that Holding messeges are only meant for Adapter engine and waiting messegees reflect the ststus in Integration Engine. - I do not think there is anything like this.

5. Is it hard and fast taht Waiting messeges finally go to System error??? - No

6. getting the following error in End to end Monitering: No process defined for this domain . - This is because End to End monitoriong is not configured in your XI system......i think there is some OSS note for it so ask your basis guys to find the OSS note for it and apply it to your XI system.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Point no 3, I cant agree with this, pls correct me

3. Can we see Holding messege s in Both Integration and Adapter engine. - I think holding, waiting and To Be Delivered are same but i am not sure about this thing.,

I believe Holding and Waiting hav a significance.....yea,, I dont know that ,, but definitely it has some relation to Adapter engine specific and Integration engine specific . I need to search more on that.

But still then many thanks to you. Major part of the doubt cleared

Sarvesh,

apology for not following the form standard practices, but I guess, 1-5 dealt with the same issue All about waiting and Holding messege charecteristic!!Though it had several parts but it was dealing ith Messege Monitering!!

Still then I will keep up with the policies, many sincere apologies.

Regards,

Arnab .

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think holding, waiting and To Be Delivered are same but i am not sure about this thing.,

All cases are different. Holding occurs mostly in case of EOIO scenarion where due to one stuck messages, the rest of the messages in the same queue goes into Holding status.

Waiting simply means that the adapter engine is still retrying to deliver the message to the configured recepient. If all the attempts fail, the message moves to the system error status. In this case, the message has usually left the integration engine and the error is related to adapter engine configuration only.

To be Delieverd could be because of many reasons. This may include some error at the Integration Engine also. The Audit log and message status in sxmb_moni in this case provides the clear cause.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doubts Cleared ,

Many Thanks!.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

Please do a spell check before you post a question and also make sure of what you want to ask. Don't try to ask to many things together.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In messege monitering we get to see three options in Messege from component. 1. Integration Server, Integration engine and Adapter Engine .

My Questions are,

1. Does search for error / success messeges in messege monitering on the basis of Integration Server means we include both Integration Engine as well as Adapter Engine Errors / Success meseges?

2. Can we see waiting messeges in both Integration Engine and Adapter engine.

3. Can we see Holding messege s in Both Integration and Adapter engine.

4. Is there any hard and fast funda that Holding messeges are only meant for Adapter engine and waiting messegees reflect the ststus in Integration Engine.

5. Is it hard and fast thatt Waiting messeges finally go to System error???

Experts,

Pls Help.

Joel,

hope this is OK with you!

Regards,

Arnab .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to go through this before you post your questions like this in the forum..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement

Regards,

Sarvesh