cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 driver version clash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two db2 db with different versions (7.1 and 8.1), I can only access a db2 db with driver of it's own version. I can't put both versions in XI. How do I solve this.

Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is a problem for XI,I meet this problem too.faint

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sanjay,

What kind of a driver have you installed NATIVE or TOOLBOX?? I would suggest that you go through this note on Service Market Place : <b>654800</b>.

In your case, going for a tool box driver might solve the problem.

Would also suggest the following notes,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using db2java.zip which is a toolbox driver but then toolbox drivers for 7.1 and 8.1 have the same filename db2java.zip.

Regards,

Sanjay

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sanjay,

Normally, when you install the drivers for the latest release of any database, it is always compatible with the earlier versions.

Atleast, that is how it is in the case of oracle, where ojdbc14.jar is used to access Oracle 9i and it is compatible with clases12.zip (for earlier versions of Oracle) also.

I would suggest that you deploy the driver for DB2 8.1 and use it to access DB2 7.1. It might/ should work

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Unlike Oracle, DB2 requires drivers of a compatible version. 8.1 toolbox driver will work with a 7.1 db2 db but it's unstable and we have faced a lot of problems in our company with cross version db2 drivers.

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

The sentence didn't come as expected, started out with a negative and mid-way tried to be positive. In short, cross version db2 drivers give lot of problems.

Regards,

Sanjay