Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free sample delivery

sanjaypetkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I have specific requirement.

My company want to send free sample as a promtional activity.The material is also sold as standard sale.

i have following queris:

1. If the material is sold on standard sales process with item category is TAN, now i want to send free sample of the same material to different customer. Then how can i determine item category(TANN or Other ) in sale order type FD(Free sample Sales type).

2. While doing PGI the material movement should be free sample type of material movement which should be other than normal sale mvmt

3. The accounting entry at PGI should be not to COGS but to the promotion and publicity account.

How to configure these ?

Thanks

Sanjay Petkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanjaypetkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the below procedures:-

1) In FS00, create two new G/L Accounts for sample sales which your FI people has to do. One for customer credit and one for posting to promotional account

2) Create a new pricing procedure for sample sales in V/08 with a new Account Key (say ZSM) which may be assigned to your PR00

3) Next in VKOA, assign the Account Key and G/L Account created for customer credit for the combinations which you already maintained for normal sales

4) Create a new sale order (if need be) and billing type and assign this pricing procedure in OVKK

5) Go to OBYC, double click on Transaction GBB and assign the new G/L Account created for promotional account for the combination of 0001:::VAX:::Material Type

Now create a sale order and see the Accounting Document

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

sanjaypetkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks G. Lakshmipathi for prompt solution.

I have one more query.

material code xyz is which is assgined with valuation class 7901 as indigeneous manufactured and in obyc under GBB it is defined as 0001:VAX:7901:dr A/c:Cr A/c. (which is cost of finish goods sold)

now i want the same material to be send as sample with PGI accounting entry to publicity/promotion expense. how i can manage tihs scenario

Thanks

Sanjay petkar

Edited by: Sanjay Petkar on Mar 24, 2009 7:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achive this by usnig standard order type FD-Delivery free of charge.

Regards,

Abhee.