cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howlong will it takes to download MDM 5.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to donload and workout MDM 5.5 in my laptop.

i know the path to download.

but i want to know how long will it takes to download the whole pack?.

Is there any other download software to do this very quick?

regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaybabu ,

As you have mentioned you want to download to learn MDM and try some handson.You will basically need to work with the four Main MDM guis ie Console,Data Manager,Import Manager and Syndicator.

For this all you need to download is:

- MDM server

- MDM Guis

You should have a data base installed on your system say Oracle or SQL server on this DBMS ,you install the MDM server.

The MDM server will take some more time as compared to the GUIs as it is the Server.

You then have to go with the MDM Guis installationsie

- MDM Console .exe

- MDM Data Manager .exe

- MDM Import Manager .exe

- MDM Syndicator .exe

This process will hardly take 15 min.

If you want to work with automatic Importing and Automatic syndication then you can install the Import and Syndication server else not required.

Simillarly if you plan to work with the Workflows you will need to downlaod the workflow .exe file and MS Visio software.

Rest like CLIX,Print Publisher,Image Manager etc...

are not so important in the real time unless you are working on a specific scenario,So need not install them.

You can follow the below Master guide to know more on the installations:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001119842007E (mdm SP06 installation guide)

(MDM all Configuration required)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will take around 30 mins to download.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But when i click for download , it seems 4 hrs to download.

i think i am try to download all.

Could anyone tell me which should be download from the path.

Any idea about the correct path.

Regards,

Vijaybabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaybabu,

Basically for installation of SAP MDM,initially you need to install the database server like oracle or sql server, followed by installation of MDm server and finally installing the four GUIs - Console, Import Manager, Data Manager and Syndicator.

Apart from the above mentioned prerequisites, you can also install the Clix, Image Manager , Layout server, Language Selector, Workflow installables etc which are the added installables.

Link to download,

https://service.SAP.com/swdc -->Sap Sofware Distribution centre >Download->Support Packages and Patches--> Entry By Application Group --> SAP NetWeaver >SAP MDM>SAP NETWEAVER MDM 5.5--->Entry By Component

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz